Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-01-2011, 06:56 AM   #121
Insalata
Zealot
Insalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it is

Device: Kobo Sage, iPad
But I want it now .
Insalata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 07:32 AM   #122
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insalata View Post
But I want it now .
Well you will just have to wait. Besides waiting is usually more fun they getting the item. Once you get it play with it for an hour or so, you will probably be bored and trying to find the next purchasable item to become obsessed about.

Last edited by Tony1988; 10-01-2011 at 08:09 AM.
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2011, 08:46 AM   #123
krighton
Addict
krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: sony reader
no shipping info, still says 9/30 and it's now 10/1....so i may just cancel my order and go to Target and check them out (unless they bribe me that is).
krighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 09:43 AM   #124
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I am in the UK and was tempted with the T1, I rang Sony and they said 3rd week in October
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:09 AM   #125
krighton
Addict
krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Sony wouldn't let me cancel, they said it's ready for shipment so not even the President of Sony could cancel the order....i said what if it says it's ready for shipment still on 10/30 and they had no answer for that.
Advert
Old 10-01-2011, 10:49 AM   #126
lightforx
Enthusiast
lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by krighton View Post
Sony wouldn't let me cancel, they said it's ready for shipment so not even the President of Sony could cancel the order....i said what if it says it's ready for shipment still on 10/30 and they had no answer for that.
sigh. so we can't cancel? no Target for me then. probably a lesson for me not to pre-order from Sony again.
lightforx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:57 AM   #127
lightforx
Enthusiast
lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.

Quote:
no shipping info, still says 9/30 and it's now 10/1....so i may just cancel my order and go to Target and check them out (unless they bribe me that is).
mine still says yesterday.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:11 AM   #128
lightforx
Enthusiast

ok, just got email from Sony. shipped.

fedex site actually says it was out yeterday afternoon.

Sep 30, 2011 3:36 PM
Picked up
LA GRANGE, IL

Last edited by lightforx; 10-01-2011 at 11:14 AM. Reason: add info
Old 10-01-2011, 12:41 PM   #129
Insalata
Zealot
Insalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it is

Device: Kobo Sage, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1988 View Post
Well you will just have to wait. Besides waiting is usually more fun they getting the item. Once you get it play with it for an hour or so, you will probably be bored and trying to find the next purchasable item to become obsessed about.
Actually, I might need a new toy to amuse me while I wait… Although the sensible thing to do would be to read some of my vast stash of paper books.
Insalata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 12:55 PM   #130
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1988 View Post
Indeed!
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:19 PM   #131
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insalata View Post
Actually, I might need a new toy to amuse me while I wait… Although the sensible thing to do would be to read some of my vast stash of paper books.
Thats the spirit. See problem solved.
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 03:10 PM   #132
krighton
Addict

either my call prodded sony to issue a shipping number or it was just my turn for it to happen. Odd though 30 minutes after i call i get shipping notification.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:16 PM   #133
krighton
Addict

Mine showed picked up at 11:20 friday and that's it...i thought fedex did some package movement on the weekends.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:28 PM   #134
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Mine showed picked up at 11:20 friday and that's it...i thought fedex did some package movement on the weekends.
My reader and cover show as arriving at Seattle this morning.

Ground shipments tend to get fewer updates from source to destination unless it goes through a sorting facility. If it was on a truck straight to your location, I wouldn't expect another update until it hits your local facility which would likely be the night before delivery.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 05:52 PM   #135
krighton
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolenka View Post
My reader and cover show as arriving at Seattle this morning.

Ground shipments tend to get fewer updates from source to destination unless it goes through a sorting facility. If it was on a truck straight to your location, I wouldn't expect another update until it hits your local facility which would likely be the night before delivery.
well just going from ill to ohio so i guess i'll probably get an update on monday once it hits the fedex office.

Tags
sony new model, sony t-1