Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-08-2011, 08:55 AM   #1
lglake
Enthusiast
lglake began at the beginning.

Device: sony650 + 701 IQ + Dell Streak 7
Question Docks for the IQ?

By chance does anyone know of a dock for the IQ ?

lglake
lglake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:42 PM   #2
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
I doubt that there is one. There's nothing on the Pocketbook site, and, while I'm certainly no expert, I don't think there's any way to plug the IQ into a dock. The USB port and power port are on opposite ends of the device, even if there was a dock that used the mini USB port.
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2011, 08:01 AM   #3
lglake
Enthusiast

Thanks MmavisO
After doing a hours worth of surfing, I came to the same conclusion, however I thought that I would ask.
I would settle for using a landscape orientation and plugging the power and usb in by hand. I realize that any keyboards would have to have their own power supply, maybe also have a charging circuit in the KB base to recharge the IQ.
I suggest using usb instead of wifi to keep the complexity down and also not to have to be FCC certified.

Anyhow, it's another wild goose chase.
Thanks.
lglake
Old 03-09-2011, 04:37 PM   #4
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Iglake--The USB port cannot be used to plug in keyboards, microphones, etc. So there is really no way to do what you're talking about. You can plug the IQ into a PC or Mac to transfer data, but you can't plug in a keyboard (or anything else) as a client. I've read on mine with it plugged in without too much inconvenience. I prefer portrait mode, but landscape should work, too.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:27 PM   #5
lglake
Enthusiast

Hi MmavisO, just quoting my post:

I realize that any keyboards would have to have their own power supply, maybe also have a charging circuit in the KB base to recharge the IQ.

I suggested is to use the usb port just to pass data, the dock would have to have a mini processor and other hardware to send the keystrokes to the IQ.
Maybe this would be a challenge to the more hardware oriented members of this forum.

I've read a lot of the posts here, I may not understand them all, but I keep trying.

Thanks for taking time to answer.
lglake
Advert
Old 03-09-2011, 07:41 PM   #6
MmavisO
Seeker

I was thinking of this thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=109809&page=2 post 42--
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
The IQ USB port is client only, not host-capable. So it can't access storage on other devices; all it can do is expose its storage to a host PC.

The only way to access the internet is via WiFi.
If you don't have a router or need mobile access, you would need a cellphone with WiFi tethering or one of these type of devices:
http://www.computerworld.com.au/arti...i_mifi_router/
Maybe there's a dock out there that would work.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:39 AM   #7
lglake
Enthusiast

Hi MmavisO
Woe is me, that's one thread I overlooked, thank you for bringing it to my attention.
lglake
Old 03-10-2011, 07:19 PM   #8
MmavisO
Seeker

Well, it was kind of hidden--the OP asked a totally different question. I happened to remember reading it, so it was easier for me to find knowing it was there, than for you to find by trying to guess what search term would work.