Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-26-2014, 01:47 AM   #751
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by kram View Post
The links for firmware 3.0.0 and 3.0.1 show different files sizes in the listing on page 1 but the files that are linked are identicle. I think the linked file for 3.0.0 is wrong.

I downloaded and installed 3.0.0 onto my original touch and the firmware showed up as 3.0.1.
Under the links for 3.0.1 it says:

Quote:
Link unchanged, file is still named 3.0.0
For some reason, it looks like Kobo replaced the 3.0.0 files with the 3.0.1 files.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 07:28 AM   #752
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Question what's the difference?

I bought the aura yesterday and uploaded there the 3.1 version I had on my computer (I already have a glo and an aura HD).

I just realized that there was a specific mark 5 aura version. Are there any specificities?

Last edited by anacreon; 01-26-2014 at 07:55 AM.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 04:36 AM   #753
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by anacreon View Post
I bought the aura yesterday and uploaded there the 3.1 version I had on my computer (I already have a glo and an aura HD).

I just realized that there was a specific mark 5 aura version. Are there any specificities?
I think there is nothing to worry. One thing is that you have no a lot of image files in .kobo\slideshow\ that are specific to other devices The other thing is that the mark5 package contains in addition the files upgrade\ntx508\u-boot_mddr_256-E606F0B-K4X2G323PC.bin and
upgrade\ntx508\uImage-E606F0B, but I think these files are identical with those that are already on your device.
So all that happened is a little waste of space.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 02:31 PM   #754
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Location: France, languages : french and a little bit english.
Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD
Hi guys,

Do you know if we have got news about this :

"with low level of brightness, the value is not stored and put at 1% when we restart the kobo"

... this bus is arrived with firmware 3.0.0.

NB : sorry for my english... I'm french.
akorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 05:51 PM   #755
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akorx View Post
Hi guys,

Do you know if we have got news about this :

"with low level of brightness, the value is not stored and put at 1% when we restart the kobo"

... this bus is arrived with firmware 3.0.0.
That is been fixed in 3.1.1. I can't remember if it was in 3.1.0.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:20 AM   #756
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Thx for your answer Davidfor, so I'll setup this FW 3.1.1.

Now what about the "bookmarks bug" with this FW 3.1.1 ? before, the bookmarks werenot deleted when we used the menu to do it (this bug appears only with books that are stored on main memory and not when they are on SD cards).

Last edited by akorx; 02-02-2014 at 03:40 PM.
Old 02-02-2014, 05:45 PM   #757
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Now what about the "bookmarks bug" with this FW 3.1.1 ? before, the bookmarks werenot deleted when we used the menu to do it (this bug appears only with books that are stored on main memory and not when they are on SD cards).
Unfortunately, there weren't any fixes to the bookmarks in 3.1.1.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:11 PM   #758
ZipMaker
Ateş Sönmez
ZipMaker can illuminate an eclipseZipMaker can illuminate an eclipseZipMaker can illuminate an eclipseZipMaker can illuminate an eclipseZipMaker can illuminate an eclipseZipMaker can illuminate an eclipseZipMaker can illuminate an eclipseZipMaker can illuminate an eclipseZipMaker can illuminate an eclipseZipMaker can illuminate an eclipseZipMaker can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Glo
waiting for new update
ZipMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:19 PM   #759
akorx
Addict

Hi guys !

I've asked this question on another post (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=1#post2755744):

I've installed the FW 3.1.1 on my kobo glo with night mode build 9. All is ok except this : the page is totally refresh every 6 pages !

I don't understand why, because the parameters in my nightmode.ini are like this :

# config file for kobo-nightmode

invertActive = yes
retainStateOverRestart = yes

[control]
longPressDurationMS = 400

[nightmode]
refreshScreenPages = 90

The refreshScreenPages = 90 seems to be correct, because if I look at the refresh option, I've got "OH THE HUMANITY!".

.. and one of the answers was this :

A value of 90 is out of bounds for "refreshScreenPages" for the Kobo Glo. The only legal values are 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6. Zero is unacceptable, and anything greater than six is unacceptable, too.

(The Aura allows refresh of once per chapter; all other modern Kobos are contrained to the range I've indicated above.)

This has nothing to do with the Night Mode patch; it's inherent to the firmware on the devices.

However I think that is was Ok with old firmwares ... what do you think about it?
Old 02-04-2014, 01:30 PM   #760
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
However I think that is was Ok with old firmwares ... what do you think about it?
Setting numPartialUpdatePageTurns=11 still works on my Glo with fw 3.1.1, so it is not a limitation of the firmware. (I don't have night mode installed.)
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:34 PM   #761
akorx
Addict

Setting numPartialUpdatePageTurns=11 still works on my Glo with fw 3.1.1, so it is not a limitation of the firmware. (I don't have night mode installed.)

Can you give us your file ?
Old 02-04-2014, 02:36 PM   #762
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Doesn't the parameter for the refreshScreenPages belong in the Kobo\Kobo eReader.conf file?

ie
Code:
[Reading]
numPartialUpdatePageTurns=99
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:59 PM   #763
akorx
Addict

Sorry I've made a mistake... I had not verify my parameters and now all is ok (I think they had been reseted after night mode v9 update) !

The post is here : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...09#post2755809

Great thanks for your help and for your quick answer PeterT ! If you come in France let me know, I will put 2 beers in the fridge !!!

Last edited by akorx; 02-04-2014 at 03:07 PM.
Old 02-12-2014, 03:45 PM   #764
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
3.2.0 may be out.

Hiro-kun posted about problems with the new firmware: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=233795
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 03:49 PM   #765
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
There is a new version of the Desktop for PC: 3.6.0 (12 Feb 2014)

This is generally a sign that new firmware is about to be released.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote