Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-01-2013, 02:27 PM   #1
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
First impression of Acapela TTS in Onyx Boox M92

Just wanted to give you guys some first impression of Acapela TTS engine with the US-English Voice (Will) working in Onyx Boox M92.

Now we are working on enhanced version of UI and controls of this feature.

It will of course be available for all onyx devices.

Last edited by Booxtor; 07-01-2013 at 02:31 PM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:48 PM   #2
Kirith
schoolteacher
Kirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Onyx M92 +i62HD(m)+M92(m)x20+M90x13
Очень хорошо! ждём с нетерпением...
Kirith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 04:19 PM   #3
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
It sounds great. I am not native speaker, so what sounds perfect for me might sound differently to native speaker... But not knowing it is TTS I would think it is human speach, not computer generated.

TTS made a great improvement in past few decades. :-)
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:24 AM   #4
Inemi
Connoisseur
Inemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toys

Device: Boox i62HD
I can understand without any problem what he says, he(it?) speaks clear and not so fast. Maybe there will be a way to change speed reading? But I suspect when the hero is going to be be killed by the dragon and all the world is in danger, the voice will still speak as reading a shopping list.

Good work, hope will be available soon, and thanks for sharing
Inemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:17 AM   #5
janek
Groupie
janek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Boox m92
Any hints about release date? And prices?
janek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:32 AM   #6
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janek View Post
Any hints about release date? And prices?

estimated release date 3-4 weeks

TTS plugin will be free,

Every voice pack will cost 5 EUR (installable per device)

We don't make profit with it - I just want to keep my promise and return at least a part of invested costs.

You can test voice packs here:
http://www.acapela-group.com/text-to...tive-demo.html

I guess by the variety of voices you can find a proper voice even to listen how a hero kills a dragon too

Last edited by Booxtor; 07-03-2013 at 10:49 AM.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:15 AM   #7
slex
Addict
slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Onyx Boox M92
How will be the voices purchased? From the M92 directly or from the PC? And if I have purchased any of their voices for Android, will I be able to use them on the M92 without additional payment?
slex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:35 AM   #8
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox T68
I've been testing the voices in Spanish and there is enough difference between the male voice (Antonio) and the female voices (Ines and Maria).
Intonation and rhythm of Antonio are almost perfect.
Instead, Ines and Maria's voices even though they sound natural intonation is something robotic.
Select any to my language (Spanish) would be Antonio.

I look forward to be able to test this voice in my units (M92 and Firefly).
And I wonder if I will have to pay a license for each.

A greeting. -
fraylocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:16 PM   #9
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
I agree with fraylocus. Ines and María and not very natural voices (María worse than Inés).
It's a great improvement over current TTS in our Onyx Boox
But of course I would prefer having solved CoolReader and FBreader bugs to having characteristic added (but you know I'm always complaining about Cr & FRB)

Last edited by Manolo; 07-02-2013 at 12:22 PM.
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:32 PM   #10
jbsavitz
Connoisseur
jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Onyx Boox M92 and i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manolo View Post
But of course I would prefer having solved CoolReader and FBreader bugs to having characteristic added (but you know I'm always complaining about Cr & FRB)
Manolo, I agree!! CoolReader works on e-books stored in internal memory, but doesn't work with e-books stored on the memory card.
jbsavitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:03 PM   #11
janek
Groupie
janek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Boox m92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post

TTS plugin will be free,

Every voice pack will cost 5 EUR (installable per device)

We don't make profit with it - I just want to keep my promise and return at least a part of invested costs.

You can test voice packs here:
http://www.acapela-group.com/text-to...tive-demo.html
Cool!
janek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:47 PM   #12
Inemi
Connoisseur
Inemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toys

Device: Boox i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraylocus View Post
Intonation and rhythm of Antonio are almost perfect.

And I wonder if I will have to pay a license for each.
Thanks for the info, I'll have to learn spanish.
And it is not surprising, like most programs - one each computer, not user.

And thanks booxtor, in time with my exams
Inemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:58 AM   #13
Dolansky
Groupie
Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.

Device: HannsPad.10'.&.IQ(Farbinhalte), PB903,M92(Fachbuch), Kindle3
very useful - the first time get the Onyx-Reader from ereader-store.eu a professional Text-To Speech Engine from acapela.

I like the Will-Charakter from the acapela-Demo, especially Will as Old Man, Will as Bad Guy and the funny Will as Little Creature as well as the Cool US-Voice Micah.
astonishing the different dialects - even the dialect of the swedish minority in Finland.
Nice that catalan is supported as well.

Dolansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:51 PM   #14
elkm
elkm began at the beginning.

Device: kindle and OnixBook M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
When will we be able to test the beta?

please publish the files so we can install it!!!

Last edited by elkm; 07-08-2013 at 04:53 PM.
elkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:04 AM   #15
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkm View Post
When will we be able to test the beta?

please publish the files so we can install it!!!
The first beta demo (rather alpha) will be available in a couple of days.
You will be able to download, install and test every voice for free, but with some limitations, though (it will remind you that you are using a demo).