Old 01-27-2012, 08:09 AM   #31
dantye
Augen Orphan
dantye began at the beginning.

Device: Augen The Book
Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace View Post
Thanks for the help.

I'm downloading nearly all books from the library. Haven't tried the wireless approach and probably won't when I can d/l a book and be reading in less than 2 minutes.

And yes, I have Calibre, just couldn't figure out how to get the books back out of TB. Duh.
Correct. Calibre or some other ebook program on PC is the ONLY way you can add books to Augen TB (either by USB or SD Card): Even if you get the wireless to work, the ONLY library it is set up to connect to is the Augen library, which no longer exists.
Trying to use the Augen wireless for anything is like trying to mow your lawn with a fingernail clipper.
dantye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:42 AM   #32
reader600
reader600 began at the beginning.

Device: Augen, kindle, nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantye View Post
Correct. Calibre or some other ebook program on PC is the ONLY way you can add books to Augen TB (either by USB or SD Card): Even if you get the wireless to work, the ONLY library it is set up to connect to is the Augen library, which no longer exists.
Trying to use the Augen wireless for anything is like trying to mow your lawn with a fingernail clipper.
I prefer to organize all of my books on SD cards, that way I can swap them around to my different reading devices.

In my experience I have found that the Augen wireless may be slow, but not any more so than the Kindle 2 US or I version. And once connected to the internet,......it does a better job of navigating around on a site than either of these second generation kindles!
reader600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2012, 10:50 AM   #33
reader600

Augen The Book Tips

I have found that when reading books in PDF format, that I can access the landscape mode by clicking the last level of the zoom button! It also increases the text size!

PS: This also locks the book into landscape mode until you release it by changing the zoom level or using one of the other means. So if the auto-rotation is too sensitive for your shakey hand.......this might be an option to make your reading more enjoyable!

Last edited by reader600; 01-27-2012 at 10:57 AM.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:03 PM   #34
reader600

Hacking Augen The Book?

In December of 2010 there was great interest in hacking Augen The Book. One of the main problems that they encountered however was the lack of open source code information to the Linux kernal version that was being used on the Augen. Lol, I noticed a few weeks ago that the people behind the N2A cards were offering a $5,000 plus reward to anyone that could open up the Nook color tablet and create a bootable micro SD card. I wish that a sizable reward could be offered for the Augen or that a gifted programmer would be interested in completing a hack of the Augen for sport!
Old 01-27-2012, 01:10 PM   #35
reader600

Hacking Augen The Book?

I asked the people at N2A cards about creating a N2A card for the Augen and they said, "If we were to get more request for a card for the Augen we may look into it."

It would be nice if enough people requested it, that something could be done!
Advert
Old 07-27-2012, 04:50 PM   #36
shelleybear
shelleybear began at the beginning.

Device: Augen The Book
Unfortunately, the listed website is dead.
Any suggestion for mirrors?
shelleybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:47 PM   #37
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The only option I can think of it bite the bullet and buy something else.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote