Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old 08-31-2014, 04:33 AM   #16
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I just had a go at making a redirect in this forum, but I can't make the redirect sticky.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 05:50 AM   #17
tilia
Evangelist
tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3
As I said in the other thread, I'm another vote for keeping the deals together in the deals forum.
tilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2014, 08:08 AM   #18
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Well, I would have liked for a redirect too. I kinda wish it was like that across the board, but I understand the reasons why it isn't.

Compared to the general threads here, that forum is such a pain to read through. While I get you guys don't want to have tags for everything, it could be useful to play around with ideas of how to use them in that area.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:13 AM   #19
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I have added a sticky to this forum that has links in it to the first page, first unread page and last page of the Current Audiobook Specials thread in the Deals, Freebies and Resources forum.

Best I coud do. See how you like it.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:28 AM   #20
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I have added a sticky to this forum that has links in it to the first page, first unread page and last page of the Current Audiobook Specials thread in the Deals, Freebies and Resources forum.

Best I coud do. See how you like it.
Thanks; I think it's helpful, but I would prefer it the other way around--the actual thread here, and the redirect sticky in the Deals forum.

It just makes more sense to keep everything related to audiobooks in one place.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2014, 10:03 AM   #21
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Obviously, deals on audiobooks belong in the audiobooks forum not the deals forum. In fact, I would go so far as to say that deals on ebooks belong in their respective ebooks forums. So why do we need a deals forum anyway?

It seems to me as if any deals are going to be lumped together that all should be, and keeping things in one sub-forum is an aid to finding deals in multiple formats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post

Best I could do. See how you like it.
I can't speak for the rest, but I think it's an excellent solution. The only downside I can see, and it's a most minor one, is that it involves one extra click, and one extra click isn't likely to cause any fatalities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Thanks; I think it's helpful, but I would prefer it the other way around--the actual thread here, and the redirect sticky in the Deals forum.

It just makes more sense to keep everything related to audiobooks in one place.
I see your point that "Everything" Audiobooks should, by definition, contain everything at MobileReads that pertains to audiobooks including deals, but if one format should be separated out, all should be, and I think if we were to do away with the Deals sub-forum it would cause a riot. A virtual riot, to be sure, but a riot nonetheless. And it makes more sense to me to keep the deals where they are at present and have a link from here to there rather than the reverse.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 10:38 AM   #22
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I see your point that "Everything" Audiobooks should, by definition, contain everything at MobileReads that pertains to audiobooks including deals, but if one format should be separated out, all should be, and I think if we were to do away with the Deals sub-forum it would cause a riot. A virtual riot, to be sure, but a riot nonetheless. And it makes more sense to me to keep the deals where they are at present and have a link from here to there rather than the reverse.
Agreed.

I have always assumed that the reason the Kobobooks.com coupon thread isn't in the Kobo forum is because you can buy their books without having a Kobo reader, so it needs to be where people who never go to the Kobo forum can see it.

By the way, why would you want to hide the audiobooks deals over here where only people who already use audiobooks would see them? Keep the thread where it's at, where the freebies can be seen by everyone who is mildly curious about audiobooks but doesn't want to spend the money until they know more about them.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 11:37 AM   #23
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
Agreed.

I have always assumed that the reason the Kobobooks.com coupon thread isn't in the Kobo forum is because you can buy their books without having a Kobo reader, so it needs to be where people who never go to the Kobo forum can see it.
But the Kobo forum is about the device. The Kobobooks coupon thread is about the bookstore. Apples and oranges. Whereas if you're interested in audiobooks deals, you're most likely also interested in the additional audiobooks topics and threads.

Quote:
By the way, why would you want to hide the audiobooks deals over here where only people who already use audiobooks would see them? Keep the thread where it's at, where the freebies can be seen by everyone who is mildly curious about audiobooks but doesn't want to spend the money until they know more about them.
The cross-reference could still be in the deals forum, though. Don't forget that just a couple of days ago, the audiobooks deals didn't even rate a sticky there until some of us asked for it when all the genre threads got stickies.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:43 AM   #24
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
But there are really only two categories--e-books and audiobooks. The deals now are under e-books, but the creation of a new audiobooks forum is a recognition that audiobooks are a different species. Ergo, audiobooks deals don't belong in the e-books deals section.

But I'll stop now; I've said my piece, and in actuality I'm very happy with the new forum and grateful for it!
Old 08-31-2014, 12:18 PM   #25
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
<snip> But I'll stop now; I've said my piece, and in actuality I'm very happy with the new forum and grateful for it!
And we love you too. It's people like you who pushed so hard to get audiobooks its own section that led to the creation of this forum, for which I am as grateful as anyone.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:15 PM   #26
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Old 08-31-2014, 05:25 PM   #27
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
You runned out of letters; have these so you can make words

tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 07:19 PM   #28
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
It is also possible to create a direct link to the other forum thread. I have done that on some other forums here at MobileRead. It will have the same number of clicks (one). It will not show up in the stickies but instead will always be the first entry in the regular forum.

I built one of these links. Which would people prefer?

Dale

Last edited by DaleDe; 08-31-2014 at 07:41 PM.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 07:59 PM   #29
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
It is also possible to create a direct link to the other forum thread. I have done that on some other forums here at MobileRead. It will have the same number of clicks (one). It will not show up in the stickies but instead will always be the first entry in the regular forum.

I built one of these links. Which would people prefer?

Dale
I like this one better.

Which post are we being taken to -- first unread or last?
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:59 PM   #30
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
<snip> Which post are we being taken to -- first unread or last?
Quick. Post "This is my most recent post" in that thread and I'll check.