Notices

Old 07-30-2010, 03:23 AM   #1
Atomix
Enthusiast
Atomix began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
unsubscribe from posted threads

Hi,
How do I make that forum doesn't subscribe me to all of the threads I have posted in? I really don't want to receive like 10 e-mails per day, just because I have posted in 10 threads.
I searched user CP, couldn't find any box that says automatic subscription.
Thanks
Atomix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 03:26 AM   #2
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
At the top of the thread, in the blue bar, under "thread tools", click "unsubscribe to this thread," in the relevant thread.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2010, 03:28 AM   #3
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
It's in User CP under "Edit Options":

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/pro...do=editoptions

then under the section "Default Thread Subscription Mode".

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 03:32 AM   #4
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Actually, what Marc said! What I said was for individual threads that are already subscribed to.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:30 AM   #5
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
In the meantime, there is an option at the end of each email that you can click on to unsubscribe from the particular thread.

After you have changed your default thread subscription mode, you can also change the notification method to threads that you are already subscribed to. A short thread on the topic is here.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2010, 04:11 PM   #6
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Guys, you realise the op has probably unsubscribed from these answers ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:33 PM   #7
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Smartarse, Geoff.
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 05:31 AM   #8
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Your servant, as ever .... Sir !
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 08:06 AM   #9
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
I would suggest, rather than unsubscribing, to change the subscription type to "no e-mail notification". This way you can still see the threads in your control panel, but you don't get all those e-mails.

You can do this in the user control panel, Edit options, Default thread subscription mode. For existing subscriptions, View all subscribed thread, select them all (the little check-box on the top right if the list), then select the change in the drop-down menu at the bottom right.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 04:28 PM   #10
Atomix
Enthusiast
Atomix began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javed View Post
At the top of the thread, in the blue bar, under "thread tools", click "unsubscribe to this thread," in the relevant thread.
well, i'm not that dumb.
why would I want to manually unsubscribe from each and every thread that I post in?
I was searching in settings to disable those notifications for good. Also, I disagree that such an option should be set on default after an account registration, because there aren't many people who want their e-mail spammed with notification messages. If a person wants to read more about a thread, he will go and look for it or manually subscribe to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
It's in User CP under "Edit Options":

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/pro...do=editoptions

then under the section "Default Thread Subscription Mode".

Cheers,
Marc

Thanks, that's what I was looking for.
Atomix is offline   Reply With Quote