Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-01-2010, 09:34 PM   #1
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Today at the Sony Store

I finally managed to haul myself over to the Seattle store to see the 350's and 650's for themselves - they're truly impressive, if I weren't interested in a larger screen for PDF library books, the 350 would be the best value for my money.

They had a 900 on clearance on the shelf as well ... what a brick - it felt like one of those first-generation walkie-talkie mobile phones in comparison to the weight of the 650! Also, the inferiority of its screen was instantly apparent. I asked about the 950, to which the clerk responded he had absolutely no idea when they were due to arrive.

I had been gung-ho about the black over silver, but up close the black seemed almost painted on (they didn't have a red display model out, and I didn't ask).

At this point, I think I'll need to handle a 950 myself before deciding on which to get, as whatever I buy is going to have to last quite a while.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 12:09 AM   #2
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Did you play with the font sizes on the 350? I'm trying to figure out if the 350 will display too few words on each screen in larger fonts.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2010, 12:21 AM   #3
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

A bit - it was slow and the staff were kinda breathing down my neck after a bit. The larger sizes seemed incredibly big to me, as in a sentence per screen (at most). On the other hand, "small" seemed more like medium to me. These devices seemed unsuited in general for folks who'd require Large Print print books overall. IMHO.
Old 10-02-2010, 12:36 AM   #4
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Thanks!

On the 505 I usually use the Large font and don't find myself turning pages too frequently. I guess I'll have to go see the 350 in person.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 12:44 AM   #5
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?

If you use Large font on the 505, the 350 would likely not be a great match. On the other hand, the 650 should work well as it's the same size, perhaps slightly smaller, than the 505, and feels feather light in contrast. I tend to read Epub books in Small font myself.
Advert