Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-03-2009, 07:46 PM   #1
owlrigh
Bibliomanist
owlrigh began at the beginning.

Device: [past:PRS-700, PRS-505, PRS-T2] Now: Kobo Glo HD, Samsung G7 Edge
Dreaming of ereaders

I slept for hours last night, and during it I went on to dream about ... ereaders.

I had this nifty e-ink device, the latest in technology, which was encased in a clear plastic screen, and the pages changed instantaneously. Alas, however, when I showed it to someone, upon giving it back to me they'd pressed their fingers a little too hard on the screen and there were dark spots of damage on it!

Oh noes!

A local museum had e-ink reading devices, however, to impart information about their museum, and so I sneakily went in there and pried open their protective case and did a swapover.

Cue monsters and evil aliens which I fought in an attempt to save the e-reader from damage.

At the end of the dream, however, I decided to pack away the new and delicate device and only use it for at home, and go with my sturdier 505 in its very pretty M-Edge Lime cover instead.

You know you spend too much time reading Mobileread forums when you start dreaming about e-readers!
owlrigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 07:53 PM   #2
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
You poor thing! Sounds a near-nightmare.

I just have dreams about getting a million bad reviews all at once...
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 07:54 PM   #3
Laz116
Guru
Laz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Sony PRS-700
The dream is clearly about your lack of sex life.

Laz Freud.

Laz116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:09 PM   #4
owlrigh
Bibliomanist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laz116 View Post

Laz Freud.

LOL

I'd have said seriously worried my 505 was going to go the way of my old 700, and envy of the new devices, but hey! Your interpretation is more amusing!
Old 09-03-2009, 08:11 PM   #5
owlrigh
Bibliomanist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
You poor thing! Sounds a near-nightmare.

I just have dreams about getting a million bad reviews all at once...
What a horrible dream for you. Looking at your reviews over on Smashwords: I can see where your worries'd be, considering some people appear to be all too willing to put point-by-point reviews up there, thereby spoiling those who are inclined to read your work ...
Old 09-03-2009, 08:20 PM   #6
nomesque
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Laz Freud.

See, this has me wondering about what people with TOO much sex life dream about, that's supposed to tell them they're getting too much. Being chased by launching spaceships? Dodging landmines/geysers?

Maybe they're too exhausted to dream.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:22 PM   #7
Laz116
Guru
Laz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Sony PRS-700
Quote:
See, this has me wondering about what people with TOO much sex life dream about, that's supposed to tell them they're getting too much. Being chased by launching spaceships? Dodging landmines/geysers?

Maybe they're too exhausted to dream.
They dream about sheep. Thus they are perverted.

It's all circular.
Laz116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:24 PM   #8
nomesque

Quote:
Originally Posted by owlrigh View Post
What a horrible dream for you. Looking at your reviews over on Smashwords: I can see where your worries'd be, considering some people appear to be all too willing to put point-by-point reviews up there, thereby spoiling those who are inclined to read your work ...
Hrmm... you think it spoils the story for people? *ponder*

The huge number of bad reviews was, apparently, a 'crit-bomb' organised by another writer who was either peeved that my ebook was more popular than his, or simply really hated my work, I forget which... I did have to check my reviews ASAP after that!
Old 09-03-2009, 09:10 PM   #9
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:

Laz Freud.

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:14 PM   #10
nomesque

Quote:
They dream about sheep. Thus they are perverted.

It's all circular.
Circular? What do the sheep dream about?
Old 09-03-2009, 09:19 PM   #11
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
i dream about doughnuts and sex, did i say sex, ok, sex and doughnuts, i do not dream about puppy dogs and bacon, that would be sick, i like my dreams of doughnuts and sex or sex and the single doughnut

@ nomesque : its a good book, i enjoyed it, my godson enjoyed it, my daughter is reading it now and she's nothing like linda, at least i don't think she is, and yes, i would let my daughter read the book, i sent her a copy of it after all
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:20 PM   #12
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Circular? What do the sheep dream about?
Androids
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:23 PM   #13
nomesque

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleDuke View Post
i dream about doughnuts and sex, did i say sex, ok, sex and doughnuts, i do not dream about puppy dogs and bacon, that would be sick, i like my dreams of doughnuts and sex or sex and the single doughnut
Sounds sticky

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleDuke View Post
@ nomesque : its a good book, i enjoyed it, my godson enjoyed it, my daughter is reading it now and she's nothing like linda, at least i don't think she is, and yes, i would let my daughter read the book, i sent her a copy of it after all
W00t! Thanks

Owl, sorry to derail by rabbiting on about my ebook!
Old 09-03-2009, 09:24 PM   #14
nomesque

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Androids
Aha! And the androids dream about humans, which is utterly verboten, and hence the circle is closed. Now it all makes perfect sense...
Old 09-03-2009, 09:52 PM   #15
owlrigh
Bibliomanist

Quote:
Hrmm... you think it spoils the story for people? *ponder*

The huge number of bad reviews was, apparently, a 'crit-bomb' organised by another writer who was either peeved that my ebook was more popular than his, or simply really hated my work, I forget which...
I have your story on my to-read list, and when I saw the crit-reviews I quickly stopped reading them! It's okay for a general gist review, but specifics tend to stick in your mind for when you're reading a story.

After I've read it I'll go see what they said, but for the time being I'll avoid it, and most especially the part the other writer organised! (Sheesh, people are weird.)