Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-19-2011, 08:15 PM   #121
preempalver
Connoisseur
preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: PocketBook pro 603 (Leggo IBS fw PB 2.1.3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_hokkaido View Post
Hi, I have the pb603. The french dictionary can't highlight a whole word if there is an accent in it e.g République ...if highlighted it either can select on either side of the accented 'e' or just the e itself. USing the keys you can slowly move round to select words from their beginning (bar before first letter) and this works..but this is v slow and not useful.

ANy ideas?
I tried to replicate the problem without success. If you've compiled your own dictionary, can you provide me your dictionary sources and your phonems.txt, keyboard.txt and collates.txt?
preempalver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 11:00 AM   #122
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by preempalver View Post
yes I used converter.exe . Since converter.exe needs UTF-8 coding, I made sure that all files were using that code. The resulting file from my first freelang2txt.exe conversion was a plain text file, with terms and descriptions separated by two spaces, so I assumed converter.exe needed just plain text.

I just uploaded in my previous message an improved dictionary, and I'll take a look to other english dictionaries you kindly provided me.
thanks for the clarification, and thanks for the improved dictionary!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 06:23 AM   #123
preempalver
Connoisseur
preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: PocketBook pro 603 (Leggo IBS fw PB 2.1.3)
accent problem in dictionary (epub format?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_hokkaido View Post
Hi, I have the pb603. The french dictionary can't highlight a whole word if there is an accent in it e.g République ...if highlighted it either can select on either side of the accented 'e' or just the e itself. USing the keys you can slowly move round to select words from their beginning (bar before first letter) and this works..but this is v slow and not useful.

ANy ideas?
Your ebooks are in epub format, perhaps?
actually it's a problem regarding italian books also, and I wonder if appears in other languages. After some tests involving a maddening procedure for embedding a font in epub files, I think it's something related to epub interpreter, because I tried the same book in txt, rtf, pdb formats and there's no problem with them, the word is entirely highlighted.

So my advice is using calibre to convert in rtf and check if the problem persists.
preempalver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 07:36 PM   #124
daniel_hokkaido
Enthusiast
daniel_hokkaido began at the beginning.

Device: sonyprs 505, pocketbook pro 603
thanks very much, i will try that.
daniel_hokkaido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 10:16 PM   #125
sarkash
Enthusiast
sarkash has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PB 902
Babylon(BGL) dictionaries to PocketBook(DIC) format

i needed some dictionaries which were available only in Babylon(BGL) format and so after an hour of research was able to successfully convert them to PocketBook(DIC) format. so, if anyone's interested, i can explain the whole process in details.

Babylon has tons of dictionaries for free that you can download:
http://www.babylon.com/free-dictionaries/
sarkash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:15 PM   #126
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarkash View Post
i needed some dictionaries which were available only in Babylon(BGL) format and so after an hour of research was able to successfully convert them to PocketBook(DIC) format. so, if anyone's interested, i can explain the whole process in details.

Babylon has tons of dictionaries for free that you can download:
http://www.babylon.com/free-dictionaries/
I'm interested! Did you still need to use the converter.exe program?
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:23 AM   #127
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
I'm interested too
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 03:27 AM   #128
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
I'm interested too
+1
Old 03-28-2011, 08:47 AM   #129
dpayment
Connoisseur
dpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enough

Device: PocketBook Pro 902, EB-1150, PRS505, PRS700, Jetbook, Hanlin V3, Kobo
Red face Re: Babylon(BGL) dictionaries to PocketBook(DIC) format

Quote:
Originally Posted by paolamanzini View Post
+1
me three please. I've been trying to convert different dictionaries with limited success, and those I've been able to find have been so small as to be virtually meaningless.
dpayment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 03:26 PM   #130
sarkash
Enthusiast

Babylon(BGL) dictionaries to PocketBook(DIC) format

OK, the process is threefold, but its pretty straight forward, just simple conversions, nothing more;

BGL --> DICT --> XDXF --> DIC

Note: According to PB's "converter.exe" instructions, the second conversion step(dict to xdxf) could have been avoided but "converter.exe" couldn't process the converted DICT files.

Step 1(Linux only):

There is a converter called “dictconv” for BGL to DICT, but its only available for linux. In my case, I have ubuntu running in a virtual machine. I just typed the following and “dictconv” was installed :

sudo apt-get install dictconv

Now, the conversion step: (“test.BGL” being your Babylon dictionary file, also called Glossary file)

dictconv test.BGL -o test.ifo

The above command produces 3 files:
test.dict
test.idx
test.ifo

Note: if you're using another linux distribution, here is the link to dictconv page.
and some other links I found regarding dictconv installation and conversion: link1 and link2

Step 2(Windows/Linux):

There is an app which converts many different dictionary formats, called Linguae. Here is the link.
In Linguae you can open the “test.dict” file using

File->Open a dictionary...

and then

File->Export...

in the window which opens choose to convert to XDXF format; after conversion a file called “dict.xdxf” is created which is the one you will need for the final conversion.

Step 3(Windows):

The normal PB dictionary conversion process.

For those who never done this before, you can download it from here and then follow the instructions. If still not sure, you can always ask...

Last edited by sarkash; 04-08-2011 at 09:59 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:30 PM   #131
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ok, for me as a dumb windows user would you please be so kind to convert the two dictionaries I've added.
THX ALOT
Attached Files
File Type: rar Dictionaries.rar (6.99 MB, 516 views)

Last edited by troll05; 03-28-2011 at 03:32 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:05 PM   #132
paola
Wizard

@sarkash: thanks and karma, though as a windows user I am afraid I won't be able to follow your steps.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:47 PM   #133
sarkash
Enthusiast

@paolamanzini: here you can get some xdxf free dictionaries; just one step standard PB dictionary conversion; Windows only.

@troll05: here you go... (you can also try the En-De dictionary from xdxf site; might have a better formatting)
Attached Files
File Type: zip En-De_Dictionaries_for_PB.zip (5.54 MB, 387 views)
File Type: zip comn_sdict_axm05_English_German.zip (1.82 MB, 361 views)
File Type: zip comn_sdict_axm05_german_english.zip (1.32 MB, 386 views)

Last edited by sarkash; 03-28-2011 at 07:32 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:01 PM   #134
troll05
Harmless idiot

THX and Karma to you
Old 03-29-2011, 02:29 AM   #135
paola
Wizard

sarkash, thanks!