Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-04-2009, 05:30 PM   #1
bratkat64
bratkat64 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Calibre- error uploading book to SD card

Hi,
kept getting this error message when uploading a book to my SD card (Sony PRC 660)

"(82, 'The directory or file cannot be created')

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 57, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 224, in _upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\prs505\driver.py", line 123, in upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\device.py", line 755, in create_upload_path
File "os.py", line 150, in makedirs
File "os.py", line 157, in makedirs
WindowsError: [Error 82] The directory or file cannot be created: u'I:\\Alexandra Ivy'"

Help!!
bratkat64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 05:49 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Find the book by Alexandra Ivy in your collection and remove the quotes from the author name
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2009, 06:45 PM   #3
bratkat64

I checked. There's no quotation around the author's name.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:29 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What's the title for her book?
Old 11-05-2009, 08:55 PM   #5
bratkat64

It's "Darkness Revealed".
Advert
Old 11-05-2009, 09:00 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Without the quotes?
Old 11-06-2009, 05:06 PM   #7
bratkat64

without the quotes.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:55 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

In that case I'm stumped, try sending some other book to the card, does it also cause an error?
Old 11-07-2009, 03:49 AM   #9
twaits
twaits began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
With version 0.6.21 I get the following error message:

Code:
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\main.py", line 1779, in closeEvent
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\main.py", line 1677, in write_settings
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\main.py", line 753, in save_device_view_settings
AttributeError: 'Main' object has no attribute 'carb_b_view'
I didn't get this error with 0.6.20. Though, on my reader, everything seems to be fine.
twaits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 10:03 AM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

its a typo, will be fixed in next release. it shouldn't cause any ill effects.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:51 AM   #11
twaits
twaits began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
No problem then, thanks.
twaits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:32 PM   #12
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bratkat64 View Post
Hi,
kept getting this error message when uploading a book to my SD card (Sony PRC 660)

"(82, 'The directory or file cannot be created')

File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 57, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 224, in _upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\prs505\driver.py", line 123, in upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\device.py", line 755, in create_upload_path
File "os.py", line 150, in makedirs
File "os.py", line 157, in makedirs
WindowsError: [Error 82] The directory or file cannot be created: u'I:\\Alexandra Ivy'"

Help!!
This error (Windows Error 82) just happened to me also. It turns out that it was the result of pushing the limits of the FAT16 format that many SD cards come preformatted with. In my case there were over 900 books when this happened.

Not knowing, I initially just tried to reformat the SD card, but hit that limit again.

Reformatting the SD card as FAT32 solved the problem.

I hope this helps others that run into this problem.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 02:14 PM   #13
llbm
llbm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Thanks dwanthny, I had a similar problem. I reformatted to FAT32 and now it works wonderfully.
I just started using Calibre with my new Sony Touch Reader, and I'm loving it!
llbm is offline   Reply With Quote