Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 09-26-2013, 11:49 AM   #586
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Moaan Inkpalm 5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freekobo View Post
Nevermind, figured it out myself using cgm999's code from koreader-cgm.zip...whoohoo sleep mode. loving this koreader, it makes images in epubs nice a large.
I tried to apply sleep.zip to koreader 251 on my glo, but all it did was to make koreader unlaunchable. I copied the files into the correct places, overwriting the three .lua files in /koreader/frontend/ui/
Am I missing something?
jlynton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 01:06 PM   #587
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
I'm working on suspend support, hopefully it will be done and clean in a couple days!
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2013, 01:26 PM   #588
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
I'm working on suspend support, hopefully it will be done and clean in a couple days!
That is wonderful, you are a star!
Old 09-28-2013, 03:05 AM   #589
henriquemaia
Ignorant of many things
henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.henriquemaia can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike76 View Post
Installing Koreader using the latest nightly build on GitHub has a serious issue on Kobo Mini - there is no way to exit into native system (I had to take apart my device and manually delete Koreader files from microSD card.)
To solve this problem I've created a simple install pack based on Markismus's excellent 1-Step-Hack. It contains the latest Koreader and CoolReader builds, and it installs and woks fine on my Kobo Mini with firmware 2.6.1. After the first install updating to newer versions must be simple using the recent official Koreader an Coolreader (pbchess) install files. I hope it works on other Kobo devices too.

Install files: AltReader (BE CAUTIOUS, IT'S TESTED ON KOBO MINI FW 2.6.1 ONLY!)

Thanks a ton for this.
henriquemaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:20 AM   #590
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike76 View Post
Installing Koreader using the latest nightly build on GitHub has a serious issue on Kobo Mini - there is no way to exit into native system (I had to take apart my device and manually delete Koreader files from microSD card.)
To solve this problem I've created a simple install pack based on Markismus's excellent 1-Step-Hack. It contains the latest Koreader and CoolReader builds, and it installs and works fine on my Kobo Mini with firmware 2.6.1. After the first install updating to newer versions must be simple using the recent official Koreader an Coolreader (pbchess) install files. I hope it works on other Kobo devices too.

Install files: AltReader_CR1.2.6.3_KO529 (BE CAUTIOUS, IT'S TESTED ON KOBO MINI FW 2.6.1 ONLY!)
I'm sorry for this kind of issues, I have to revise the instructions on the first post and the installation process overall - it should be sufficient to manually copy koreader.png in the kobo before installing koreader. I'll move the image out of KoboRoot.tgz to simplify doing that, and I'll add a README to the nightly builds to avoid this kind of issue, as soon as suspend support is done.
Advert
Old 09-30-2013, 03:55 PM   #591
giorgio130
Time Waster

Standby support is finally in!
Old 09-30-2013, 04:24 PM   #592
jlynton
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
Standby support is finally in!
That is excellent, thank you so much!

Is this in the latest nightly? https://code.google.com/p/koreader-p...3-g597e5c1.zip

Last edited by jlynton; 09-30-2013 at 04:48 PM.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:00 PM   #593
giorgio130
Time Waster

No, you should wait a little longer - from version 537 onwards.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:59 PM   #594
Fabry
Enthusiast
Fabry doesn't litterFabry doesn't litter

Device: AuraHD
Tried build 545 but unfortunately same crashes with pdf in landscape mode.

The new stand-by not seems to work. It enters into stand-by and immediately it exits from a real stand-by.
The only real effect is that light is turned off but touchscreen remains still operative.
Fabry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:55 AM   #595
jlynton
Evangelist

Build 545 work perfectly for me, but I have not tried using pdf. Suspend works, from the power button as well as the magnetic cover, the only thing that I would like to see is a setting to suspend after X minutes.

Great work giorgio130!
Old 10-01-2013, 04:12 AM   #596
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabry View Post
Tried build 545 but unfortunately same crashes with pdf in landscape mode.
The issue is being discussed here: https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/293 and here: https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/288.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 05:02 AM   #597
Fabry
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
Ok thanks.

You can add also CBZ (with a collection of png) to file types that fail.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:10 AM   #598
jlynton
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
...Yes, you can put your files behind a Linux "hidden" folder (one with a name that starts with a period/dot like .Books) the current Koreader builds have Koreader set to read hidden files...
I have koreader installed and working, and have a .books folder on my microSDcard. All that is fine, but I cant find a way to make calibre's "send to device" feature send the books to the (hidden) .books folder. Has anyone managed to do this?
Old 10-01-2013, 05:11 AM   #599
Fabry
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlynton View Post
Suspend works, from the power button as well as the magnetic cover, the only thing that I would like to see is a setting to suspend after X minutes.
For me it not works.
Stand-by statement appears for less than 1 sec and then it vanishes.
After this touchscreen is still active and AuraHD is not in stand-by mode but only with frontlight off.

PS
I tried only with PDF and CBZ files, I haven't EPUB files on device.

Last edited by Fabry; 10-01-2013 at 05:47 AM.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:44 AM   #600
Fabry
Enthusiast

Another problem I have forgot to highlight is the accented vowels on dictionary.

For example, words like "perché" (Why/Because in italian) or "città" (city in italian) are shown as "perch\u00e9" and "citt\u00e0".

Stardict problem or koreader font rendering problem on dictionary ?