Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-02-2014, 06:59 AM   #1
enriquep
Connoisseur
enriquep shines like a glazed doughnut.enriquep shines like a glazed doughnut.enriquep shines like a glazed doughnut.enriquep shines like a glazed doughnut.enriquep shines like a glazed doughnut.enriquep shines like a glazed doughnut.enriquep shines like a glazed doughnut.enriquep shines like a glazed doughnut.enriquep shines like a glazed doughnut.enriquep shines like a glazed doughnut.enriquep shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-T3
Question Language in book jacket... or as additional tag?

Hello, everyone

I am trying to find a way to include "language" in the book jacket that can be created with Calibre by polishing. Or, alternatively (and probably better) to automatically consider the book's "language" as an additional tag and send it to my (Sony T3) reader.

Of course, I can add language as a manual tag to all books, but can anybody think of an automatic way to do something similar?

Thanks in advance and greetings from sunny Spain,
-Enrique

Last edited by enriquep; 05-02-2014 at 07:47 AM.
enriquep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 04:45 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by enriquep View Post
Hello, everyone

I am trying to find a way to include "language" in the book jacket that can be created with Calibre by polishing. Or, alternatively (and probably better) to automatically consider the book's "language" as an additional tag and send it to my (Sony T3) reader.

Of course, I can add language as a manual tag to all books, but can anybody think of an automatic way to do something similar?

Thanks in advance and greetings from sunny Spain,
-Enrique
Use the Plugboard to slip in the {languages} field into the Title on send to device
{title} ({languages})
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 05:03 PM   #3
enriquep
Connoisseur
enriquep shines like a glazed doughnut.enriquep shines like a glazed doughnut.enriquep shines like a glazed doughnut.enriquep shines like a glazed doughnut.enriquep shines like a glazed doughnut.enriquep shines like a glazed doughnut.enriquep shines like a glazed doughnut.enriquep shines like a glazed doughnut.enriquep shines like a glazed doughnut.enriquep shines like a glazed doughnut.enriquep shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-T3
Thank you, that was great!

I had been exploring many other possibilities - a lot more complex that your proposal, and that didn't work as expected. Your suggestion worked perfectly, and gives me what I want.

I already had a template:
{title}{series:| - | }{series_index:0>2s}

Now it is
{title}{series:| - | }{series_index:0>2s} .{languages}
and I get what I want.

Thanks again, theducks!
-Enrique
enriquep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 07:34 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by enriquep View Post
Thank you, that was great!

I had been exploring many other possibilities - a lot more complex that your proposal, and that didn't work as expected. Your suggestion worked perfectly, and gives me what I want.

I already had a template:
{title}{series:| - | }{series_index:0>2s}

Now it is
{title}{series:| - | }{series_index:0>2s} .{languages}
and I get what I want.

Thanks again, theducks!
-Enrique
Thank Kovid for all the flexibility he built in that allows simple solutions

theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 08:05 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@enriquep If you also want to include language (or any other columns, including your own) in the book jacket, see this post from DoctorOhh ==>> https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...36&postcount=5

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, jacket, language, sony t-3, tag