Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-13-2006, 05:45 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Possible group purchase of Bookeen E Ink e-reader

Last week Marian and Nat broke the news of Bookeen's plans to introduce their own e-reader based on E Ink technology. What's interesting is that given a minimum order size (which is still unknown), Bookeen may allow us to customize the reader's feature set for ourselves.

MobileReader Yvan has been in contact with Bookeen since and he came up with an ingenious plan. He put up a poll where you can tell us if you would want to buy a Bookeen E Ink reader, and if yes, at what price and in how many units. In Yvan's words:

Quote:
Take a look at the poll. For now I only put up the prices so as to put a number on the people in favor of owning a Bookeen E Ink reader. And since we can vote only once I added quantity choices for those who would like to give one. That would weigh in the balance.

After you vote I invite you to post the features you want and then in a subsequent thread I'll set a poll with the features. Then we'll make another poll to clarify our choices. It'll be complicated but it will work. I have a personal request. I want a Mobile Read logo on the thing!
So here is our chance for our own e-book reader! Go ahead and jump straight to the poll!
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 10:54 AM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
That was all Marian, actually, I just added a link or two.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2006, 11:04 PM   #3
segatang
Connoisseur
segatang has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kolin i-library
I found the Bookeen E Ink e-reader is very similiar to the STAReBOOK...
Are they all the PVI OEMed products?
segatang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 04:00 AM   #4
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by segatang
I found the Bookeen E Ink e-reader is very similiar to the STAReBOOK...
I was thinking that too... both readers have the exact same size dimensions.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 09:07 PM   #5
baker101
baker101 began at the beginning.

can someone provide any additional information? pics, videos, how different is it to the sony reader?
baker101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2006, 12:15 AM   #6
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Just follow the link in the first post, you'll find a link straight to the bookeen site -- pix n stuff there.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote