Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-27-2010, 08:24 AM   #16
dadioflex
Dyslexic Count
dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, Advent Vega, iPad, iPod Touch, Kindle
Edit.

Last edited by dadioflex; 12-15-2010 at 06:21 PM.
dadioflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 08:38 AM   #17
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
yeah it's kind of funny. Both my college and my high school sons, when they write a paper they email it to the Teacher/Professor who then reads it and emails back his/her notes and the grade.

Remember back in the good old days when the English Comp instructors were always toting around huge bags and briefcases full of papers?
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2010, 09:08 AM   #18
Ankh
Guru
Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadioflex View Post
Not directly related to ebooks but it identifies a real shift away from paper in the young.
I am not so sure about that.

Both of my kids (19 and 14) are deep into the modern gadgetry, phones, iTouches, Sony PSP's and PS3's, laptops, workstation computers... you name it. They have literally grown up with that stuff. All of their friends did.

Even for books that THEY WANT to read (and I am proud that they DO read a lot), electronic version is still not an option. A trip to library and wait for the paper copy is the price that they are still (gladly) willing to pay. New releases are purchased as pbooks.

"Stanza" was a 5 minute plaything (nice effect with that page turning animation!). When I suggested Kindle DX for (university) schoolbooks, the answer was "dad, that's a device that YOUR generation is expected to carry around".

Maybe iPad and new tablets will change that perception, but the current generation of eInk readers is definitely not delivering a switch to ebooks in my household.
Ankh is offline   Reply With Quote