Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 02-07-2009, 11:11 AM   #1
yolle
yolle began at the beginning.

Device: Irex DR 1000
Update 1.5 and "pen bug"

Since I updated to the latest 1.5 software I noticed my pen stops responding after a while. I would read a pdf file, make some notes with the pen, and then, after a few or just one page flip the pen stops responding. I can't make notes anymore, and even if the pen is set to "select" mode, it doesn't work and starts working after I reset the reader...
Has anyone else noticed this?
yolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:20 AM   #2
bazmi
Enthusiast
bazmi began at the beginning.

Device: irex dr 1000s, sony prs 700, 505, iliad BE. N800, SL6000, SL3200...
i have noticed this behaviour too but seems to be random. though when it does happen, the only way out is to close the document and start again.
bazmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2009, 11:28 AM   #3
yolle

It doens't help if I just close the document, I have to restart the reader....
Old 02-07-2009, 11:40 AM   #4
thomega
Connoisseur
thomega began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by yolle View Post
It doens't help if I just close the document, I have to restart the reader....
Disabling the pen in the settings and reenabling it again works for me. Doing so without the pen is tedious tough, because one has move the selection with the buttons.
thomega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:45 AM   #5
yolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomega View Post
Disabling the pen in the settings and reenabling it again works for me. Doing so without the pen is tedious tough, because one has move the selection with the buttons.
I think I've already tried this but it didn't work for me... I am happy with the new software update but now I hope that this bug is next on their to-do list...
Advert
Old 02-07-2009, 01:46 PM   #6
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
Strange, I haven't noticed this yet. The only issue I have, is that if I have opened a doc in Pressreader ane exit it, you can no longer find the Delete option anywhere, for any file.
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 07:27 AM   #7
planetrobbie
Connoisseur
planetrobbie has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.planetrobbie has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.planetrobbie has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.planetrobbie has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: forgotten a treo 650 for a DR1000 and now for a nook -size does matter
yep

I had the same issue once, the only solution was to reset the device, the left and right button were locked so I had no solution to exit the pdf document.

After the reboot, I had to find my way back in the document 16 pages forward, he forgot where I was, which is unfortunate.

Hope it wont happen again.

planetrobbie
planetrobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:08 AM   #8
Gogolo
Addict
Gogolo has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DR1000S, Nook ST (rooted), Kobo Aura one (ksm)
Pen bug here too. Had to restart to get it working again. Thats a bit annoying
Gogolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:00 PM   #9
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Had the "Pen" Bug the last couple of days. It's just as though the Digitiser goes to sleep & doesn't wake up again. I created a ticket & looks like they think it is a digitiser problem. Returns box on its way.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:49 AM   #10
smp_iliad
Connoisseur
smp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-books

Device: KindleDX, iPhone3Gs
Quote:
Originally Posted by pthwaite View Post
Had the "Pen" Bug the last couple of days. It's just as though the Digitiser goes to sleep & doesn't wake up again. I created a ticket & looks like they think it is a digitiser problem. Returns box on its way.
So that means we have to replace DR to fix pen bug??
smp_iliad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 03:44 AM   #11
yolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by pthwaite View Post
Same question as the one above me: does this mean this is not a software issue and we have to return the device? What exactly did the Irex say?
Old 02-12-2009, 02:22 PM   #12
pthwaite
Fanatic

Sorry, I've been away. iRex think it may be that the digitiser has always been faulty, just masked by the previous software. Anyway, it goes back, so with any luck:
a) The problem is as they describe and fixed.
b) The problem is not as they think but is a software fault & they now have a device that manifests the problem. This would help everyone as they can then try to solve it.
c) I might get a device with less of a calibration issue

Either way, until the box comes and it gets returned, fixed & back. I ensure ensure that if I am writing, the snooze mode is set to alongish timeframe & I save the document frequently so if it it does lockup I can carry on with little pain.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:43 AM   #13
yolle

pthwaite: any news on the pen bug?
Old 03-03-2009, 04:34 PM   #14
pthwaite
Fanatic

the Dr1000 was returned to irex last week as they feel it's a hardware problem. I hope to get it back next week or early the following week.

I'm missing it though.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:18 AM   #15
pthwaite
Fanatic

Well, I've got a new DR1000, the old was "donated to science". The replacement has only just been charged and V1.5'd. The Calibration is still not good, though it is better than the original and I cannot as yet see if the "pen bug" has come back. The screen is slightly "rougher" than my original too.