Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 02-13-2009, 09:40 PM   #1
M9x3mos
M9x3mos began at the beginning.

Device: G1
how to get epub/fb2 books or convert best option

I have alot of books already owned and don't want to just purchase another digital copy and there are only a few that are in fb2 or epub files. Does anyone know where I can get books for free like Christopher paolini's eldest for free or any other good free sites to download these formats. Plus I have alot that are PDF I tried one program and it didn't work to well no chapters or title or anything. Does anyone know where I can download with everything like chapters or a better way to convert with the chapters of the PDFs that I have. Just got tbreader for the g1 and seems ok just a lack of reading matterials. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
M9x3mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:58 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Calibre (which has its own forum here) can convert many DRM-free formats to ePub. This includes PDF, although converting from PDF to reflowable formats like FB2 and ePub is hit and miss. If you have a Windows PC then Book Designer can convert many formats to FB2 and allows editing of the ebook as well. There are several other FB2 tools, but most of their documentation is in Russian.

The DRM, if any, can be stripped from MOBI (mobidedrm.py), eReader (ereader2html.py) and LIT (ConvertLIT GUI) ebooks, but note that this is generally thought to be illegal in the US and many other places.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2009, 12:13 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
The DRM, if any, can be stripped from MOBI (mobidedrm.py), eReader (ereader2html.py) and LIT (ConvertLIT GUI) ebooks, but note that this is generally thought to be illegal in the US and many other places.
ePub (adeptkey.py & adeptdecrypt.py)
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote