Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-09-2009, 09:55 PM   #1
osantana
osantana began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Power off slide doesn't work

I don't know why but my power off/sleep slide button doesn't work to *turn off* (or put to sleep) my PRS-505.

I'm using the last Sony's firmware version without any hack or personalization.

One other problem: I can't delete files in my SD card. The "Mark" button seems unresponsive.

These problems starts after a full battery discharge/recharge.

Sorry for my english. I'm taking some english classes in Brazil (and my Reader is a fantastic tool for my studies).
osantana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:52 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by osantana View Post
I don't know why but my power off/sleep slide button doesn't work to *turn off* (or put to sleep) my PRS-505.

Did you try to reset the device yet? Stick a paper clip in the slot gentley in the back to press the reset button, then turn it "on" with the slide switch. If that doesn't work there may be something wrong with the switch. It seems to be a common failure point being at it is one of the few mechanical parts of the device.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert