Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-23-2014, 01:46 PM   #121
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Does the auto restart framework feature still work? for good messure,I put a blank reboot, auto, autoreboot file in linkfonts but they don't seem to do the trick. I tweak my fonts Alcott (too much!) and it's tedious going through kual to restart the framework. Thanks.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 01:55 PM   #122
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Barty: It should, it's just disabled by default. You can check if you enabled it correctly in KUAL, and also try to trigger an autoreboot through KUAL.

Keep in mind that you'll have to restart your device (or X) once to actually enable the feature after setting it up, and that the reboot is triggered on USB unplug.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2014, 09:39 AM   #123
nypaulie
Gātheist
nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, FireHD6 Gen4
Got the 3G PW Gen2 and have gone through all the JB,devs,Kual installs successfully except for the Fonts hack. I've reinstalled it several times now, put my preferred fonts into the linkfonts/fonts directory and they do not show when I select "Custom" using Font Overrides. I think the reason is that I am not able to run: "Fonts -> Fonts Hack Behavior > Update fontconfig cache" because there is no "Fonts Hack Behavior" choice in "Fonts". I still have the WiFi only PW2 and see that it shows on that reader. I can't figure out what I am doing/not doing right! Any ideas? The screenshots below show this. (the one on the right is the 3G PW2)
[Added]: I've tried both of these with the same effect:
"update_linkfonts_0.6.N_install_pw2.bin"
"Update_linkfonts_0.7.N_install_pw2.bin"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WiFiPW2.png
Views:	384
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	119659   Click image for larger version

Name:	3GPW2.png
Views:	376
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	119660  

Last edited by nypaulie; 02-27-2014 at 09:52 AM.
nypaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 01:16 PM   #124
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@nypaulie:

There are a couple of issues:

• First and foremost, you need the latest KUAL version. The version shown on your screenshot on the right doesn't properly support the PW2, which explains the missing entries.

• You'll also need to have Python installed.

• The fontconfig cache update is only part of it.

• You'll need to run the "populate this menu" (or whatever the exact spelling is) in the Fonts Override menu to populate the Custom submenu.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:58 PM   #125
nypaulie
Gātheist
nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@nypaulie:

There are a couple of issues:

• First and foremost, you need the latest KUAL version. The version shown on your screenshot on the right doesn't properly support the PW2, which explains the missing entries.

• You'll also need to have Python installed.

• The fontconfig cache update is only part of it.

• You'll need to run the "populate this menu" (or whatever the exact spelling is) in the Fonts Override menu to populate the Custom submenu.
I ran "Reset Device" to flush out all my updates and then started over. Once I did the JailBreak I ran the following in the order shown:

update_python_0.9.N_install_pw2.bin
Update_mkk-20140214-k5-ALL_install.bin
update_linkfonts_0.7.N_install_pw2.bin

These are what I think are the right files to use, but correct me if I'm wrong.
When done I put the fonts I want into the linkfonts/fonts directory but it looks like nothing has changed as to my not finding "Fonts -> Fonts Hack Behavior > Update fontconfig cache", so I'm still stuck not be able to do that fontconfig update. Here's a new screenshot I just took. It's the same - right? Crazy! My original post was done to question whether what worked for me on the WiFi-only PW2 might not on the new 3G one. Are there any 3G PW2 users reading this with similar issues?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2014_02_27T15_57_36-0500.png
Views:	342
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	119683  

Last edited by nypaulie; 02-27-2014 at 04:26 PM.
Advert
Old 02-27-2014, 07:08 PM   #126
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@nypaulie: You're still not using the latest KUAL version . (beware: the filename changed in v2.3, cf. the last page of the KUAL thread).
Old 02-28-2014, 07:42 AM   #127
nypaulie
Gātheist

Quote:
@nypaulie: You're still not using the latest KUAL version . (beware: the filename changed in v2.3, cf. the last page of the KUAL thread).
The installation (update) files were correct but the launcher I was using was not. I replaced it with "KUAL-KDK-2.0.azw2" so now I am back in business.

Thank You NiLuJe!!!

The only thing I have found "missing" is:
in Font Overrides the "** Show current **" choice for each of the 4 Styles does nothing - makes it impossible to see what my last selection was.

Last edited by nypaulie; 02-28-2014 at 10:34 AM.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:18 AM   #128
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nypaulie View Post
The only thing I have found "missing" is:
in Font Overrides the "** Show current **" choice for each of the 4 Styles does nothing - makes it impossible to see what my last selection was.
Fonts > Enable verbose mode
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 12:04 PM   #129
nypaulie
Gātheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyR View Post
Fonts > Enable verbose mode
Sweet! Thank you JimmyR.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:47 PM   #130
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@nypaulie: Oops, nice catch. Those should always be verbose/shown, will fix that later .
Old 03-01-2014, 07:03 AM   #131
nypaulie
Gātheist

Quote:
@nypaulie: Oops, nice catch. Those should always be verbose/shown, will fix that later .
Good idea... I would always want to have the choices I'd made showing, so it seems (to me) like an unnecessary bell/whistle.

Last edited by nypaulie; 03-01-2014 at 02:15 PM.
Old 03-01-2014, 04:37 PM   #132
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@nypaulie: Agreed. Will be fixed .
Old 03-03-2014, 09:27 AM   #133
MonJovi
MonJovi is faster than slow light.MonJovi is faster than slow light.MonJovi is faster than slow light.MonJovi is faster than slow light.MonJovi is faster than slow light.MonJovi is faster than slow light.MonJovi is faster than slow light.MonJovi is faster than slow light.MonJovi is faster than slow light.MonJovi is faster than slow light.MonJovi is faster than slow light.

Device: Paperwhite V1
Hi, I just installed fonts hack on my PPW1. Updated KUAL first to the latest version and installed fonts hack. After doing the Update fontconfig cache, it rebooted, but now its stuck on the Repair Needed screen. What should i do? Thanks.

Update:
Connected the device to my PC and restarted. Deleted the fonts i installed and I was able to boot. I think one or some of the fonts I installed could be corrupted.

Last edited by MonJovi; 03-03-2014 at 11:53 AM.
MonJovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 01:22 PM   #134
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@MonJovi: Yup, most likely. Check the first page for more details on what do to to pinpoint the issue (ssh access strongly recommended).

One probable quick workaround would be to enable an FT override, but, again, check the first post/page for more details.
Old 03-05-2014, 02:32 AM   #135
fallenkitsune
fallenkitsune began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch - no ads and Kindle Fire 7in HD
I just reinstalled the fonts hack to my kindle touch and it works perfectly, thank you! It as well as my jailbreak stopped working after the last update. Now i can use nicer fonts, hurray!
fallenkitsune is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fontconfig, fonts, freetype, hacks, paperwhite, touch