Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 11-04-2012, 04:57 AM   #76
lollazzo
lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
I tried Kobo Glo and it works like a charm
lollazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:20 AM   #77
Corkobo
Zealot
Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Nook Touch
The extra resolution makes a big difference.

I had a Nook Touch (gave it to my son so I can still look at it for comparison).
I red on it at the (highest - 2) font size as my eyes are getting older (only my eyes!) with the result that not a lot of text did fit on one screen.

Now I got the Glo, I can read with a much smaller font. I believe this is due to the resolution.

Also, on the Nook the font sizes went up or down in pretty big steps so either the font was so small that I had to read with my arms straight or it was so big that I turned the page every second or two.
The Glo is a lot more adjustable.

I would have stayed with the Nook Touch but for the light feature. I read in bed and the light is great. I could have bought the Nook Glow but the extra resolution and the extra adjustments made the Glo a better proposition for me.

I considered the Kindle PW but as it is not available here yet and as it does not support EPUB I got the Glo.

Now that I've had it for 4 days I am happy with my choice even though it froze on me 3-4 times while I was playing with the margins adjustment (I have now confirmed that the freeze is specific to one EPUB I have).
Corkobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert