Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 05-02-2012, 09:21 PM   #1
dharma
dharma began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Save Your Eyes Reader
Interested in testing ebook reader app?

Hi,

I am looking for one or two persons willing to test a ePub/pdf reader app for the iPad. The app will be provided free of charge by way of a promo code which, unfortunately, only works in the US app store.

Preferably, you are currently reading ebooks on the iPad but find the screen to glaring/bright to read in low light. You are also on the lookout for an ebook reader app that renders pages that look very much like a real life book.

Ideally, you own an iPad 3 or the new iPad as I need your feedback on how it performs in retina display.

You could post your findings on this thread if it is allowed by the moderators. Alternately, just pm me.

Please pm me if interested.

Thanks.

Last edited by dharma; 05-03-2012 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Needed to note that promo code works only in the US
dharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:57 PM   #2
nursedude
Zealot
nursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kobo (Original), KT, iPad 1, iPhone 4S, iPad 3rd gen
I'd volunteer to beta test but can't due to the geographic restrictions. Sounds like an interesting app. Good luck with it.
nursedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2012, 04:32 PM   #3
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
I have an iPad 2 but I would love to give it a spin!
And I know what you mean, I tend to hold the iPad at a slight angle to divert most of the glare while I read in bed.
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:14 AM   #4
Valkrider
Addict
Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, iPadAir2, PRS600, iPhone 6, iPod, Palm TX
You can set-up a second iTunes account with a US address regardless of where in the world you are. Just Google it and there are lots of threads that tell how to do it and it is dead easy. So don't let that stop you trying out this reader software.

I have tried it and there are a few bugs to be ironed out but initial impressions are that it is very good, the book like display rendering is excellent.
Valkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:49 AM   #5
dharma

Hi.

Thank you all very much for your interest and kind words. They are really encouraging.

A special thanks to Valkrider who is testing the app now and had provided some very good input. He was the first to volunteer. His reaction to the book like display rendering made those hours spent on the app really worth it.

I am still on the look out for more testers so please pm me if interested.

Last edited by dharma; 05-04-2012 at 04:50 AM. Reason: Spelling. English in not my native language.
Advert
Old 05-04-2012, 10:52 AM   #6
MSWallack
Right, Except When Wrong
MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (sometimes iPad Mini).
I'm in the US and I do tend to read at night in a dark room...
MSWallack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:31 PM   #7
Philantrop
Addict
Philantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindles (e-ink)
What's the name of the app?
Philantrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:58 PM   #8
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
PM sent.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:13 AM   #9
Valkrider
Addict
Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, iPadAir2, PRS600, iPhone 6, iPod, Palm TX
The App name is Save Your Eyes Reader.
Valkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:10 AM   #10
dharma

Thanks, Valkrider. I wasn't sure if I am allowed to name it.

@kyteflyer - PM replied. Awaiting your response.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:28 PM   #11
dharma

I have received quite a lot of offers so I'd like to thank everyone for their willingness to help. If I need more testers or more specific testers, I will update it here. Thanks again.

Tags
ebook, epub, glare, ipad, pdf