Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 09-17-2011, 06:24 PM   #1
thebestjeter
Addict
thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi and Kindle DX Graphite
Draw a rectangle around several PDF pages at the same time

Hi. My mother tongue is not English, so I hope you can understand me.

I have a Kindle DX, which has the automatic option of cropping white space.
The problem with this is that this changes the layout of the PDF pages when these don't have content in the whole page, for example, in the end of a chapter.

In order to stop my Kindle DX doing this I need to draw a rectangle all around the page.

I was using the PDF X-change Viewer, but it only allows to draw the rectangle page by page.

I would like to find a program which allows me to draw a rectangle (o something similar) in all pages at once and adjust the transparency and color .

Thanks!
thebestjeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 01:42 PM   #2
DSpider
Evangelist
DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2 2014
You mean like a background? A background template throughout the document?

I was using the PDF X-change Viewer, but it only allows to draw the rectangle page by page.

Have you tried copy-pasting the rectangle to each page instead of manually drawing it? Alternatively you could use a PDF printing driver that can extract each page as a JPG/PNG and batch edit them with Irfanview (or similar) to crop, change the contrast, etc. Then the Kidney won't mess with the content anymore. It's pretty stupid that it does in the first place, but whatever...

Last edited by DSpider; 09-19-2011 at 02:03 PM.
DSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2011, 03:02 AM   #3
thebestjeter
Addict
thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi and Kindle DX Graphite
Thank, DSpider. I have tried copy-pasting the rectangle to each page and it works, only it is a painful job with long books.
thebestjeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:38 AM   #4
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpider View Post
You mean like a background? A background template throughout the document?
I tried the following and it worked:
1- download jPDF Tweak: http://jpdftweak.sourceforge.net/
2- create a pdf with rectangle which you want to draw around your pdf.
(I created mine with M.word and rectangle with a 1*1 table)
3- open jpdf tweak and set input as your pdf; on watermark tab use <Add first page of PDF as background watermark> option with your template ; and write a name for output file on output tab. Then press run button.

my template:Doc1.pdf

But I didn't test the output on a DX since I haven't one.

Last edited by thomass; 09-22-2011 at 09:46 AM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote