Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 10:42 AM   #1
Waba
Groupie
Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, PRS-350/950, HP Touchpad, Kindle Keyboard
new PRS950 + cover

Have a new in box PRS950 gathering dust I'd like to sell. Comes with a cover, that I think was originally for Nook but fits well and is functional... Pics of how this case fits are at end of this post. NOTE: it is my 950 in the pictures, this one is sealed in box.

Also, selling Nook Color... Would be great if someone wanted them both.

$275 for PRS950 and cover.

Image too large - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 05-31-2011 at 06:08 PM.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:13 PM   #2
dreamers
dreamers began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO Touch, iPad, iPhone
PM sent.
Advert
Old 06-06-2011, 06:43 PM   #3
JohnnyRocks
Zealot
JohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-booksJohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-booksJohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-booksJohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-booksJohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-booksJohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-booksJohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-booksJohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-books

Device: PocketBook 360
Best Buy is clearancing these out, new, for $199 and Sony is selling them, with warranty, refurbished, at $239. Your pricing is way out of line with the market.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:09 PM   #4
Waba
Groupie
Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Actually, Best Buy is out of line with the market! That's why their shelves are cleared...

Sony is not new and taxes to pay. Their warranty is $30-70.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:18 PM   #5
JohnnyRocks
Zealot
JohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-booksJohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-booksJohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-booksJohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-booksJohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-booksJohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-booksJohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-booksJohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-books

Not true on the warranty. The EXTENDED warranty might be, but, their basic factory warrranty is included with the refurb units. As for Best Buy, they can still be found, albeit not easily. So look, folks.

This seller is a nightmare. He responded to my offer of $190 with ridicule and condescension.
Advert
Old 06-06-2011, 07:31 PM   #6
Waba
Groupie

Wow... alright. Anyway, I am looking to sell this. Apologies to any PMs I missed while I was out of town. Will entertain reasonable offers otherwise no reserve on ebay.

And now, submitted for your approval, one mobile reader's quest for a knowledge device descends into madness.

Old 06-06-2011, 07:38 PM   #7
JohnnyRocks
Zealot

Funny, not a single one of your responses. Here goes. In order. Note the condescending tone from the start, to my offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waba
I am open to offers, but I just checked 4 Best Buys and none had a $199 950... If they're in stock by you I would definitely get one there.

Case is just a cheapy, more a bonus than anything to raise the price. But it does work pretty well.

Let me know if you can't find one at Best Buy because I am definitely looking to sell this one.

Quote:
LOL, good luck with that... No, they will not ship clearance items around, that are not even listed on the website around the country for free.

Much more likely, you'll call the store and a savvy employee will buy them for $180 and sell them on ebay for $280.

I'll consider $190 if I can't sell it with a couple weeks of price drops however.

Quote:
LOL, must be super easy - that's why you're hassling me like a little twerp.

Let me break it down for you since you've been here for about a month.

*I've bought/sold/gave away 50 ereaders and know the market well... you're just a whiny dumbass. Stupid to boot. That pathetic little ploy you slung might work on your Mom, but not here in the real world.
*You're not getting one of these for $199. Because you're stupid, and smart people already got them.
*The cheapest ebay sale of a non-demo 950 was $261. Median $325, max $399.
*Enjoy your 240 + tax refurb. Hope the screen isn't too rough.
*I haven't sold ereaders because I'm busy being an adult. You might find out if your "rocks" drop. Just looking to unclutter, they'll be sold in a month. You can read about it here.

Word of advice, might want to work on your bargaining skills... Have a good life douche, not selling to you for $1000.

Quote:
LOL, you're awesomely, hilariously neurotic. Please, continue.

You didn't buy it because it's got ~5 days left to go on auction... Are you this stupid when you're calm?

Quote:
Old 06-06-2011, 07:39 PM   #8
JohnnyRocks
Zealot

Pot, meet kettle.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:41 PM   #9
JohnnyRocks
Zealot

By the way, good luck with the sale. Seems to be going great. You got an offer from someone already, and another one from me, and yet, a week later, it's still for sale. Must be cause it's a real bargain.

By the way, you are incorrect in your assertion that Best Buy will not ship from one store to another, as has beem demonstrated by about a dozen or so users on the Sony forum, who have already received their very own 950, new, for $199, by having it shipped from one store to another, exactly as you indicated so astutely, that they wouldn't do.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:56 PM   #10
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
I think you both need to get a grip....
Old 06-06-2011, 08:21 PM   #11
Waba
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganM View Post
I think you both need to get a grip....
LOL, agreed... Although, I was being reasonable until I got 5 rapid fire crazy replies. I think the passages speak for themselves.

Quite possibly the first unpleasant person I've encountered on MobileRead. I guess there's bound to be one.

His assault of crazy took some of the luster off my day... First offer of $189, that isn't from preteen priceline negotiator / tycoon JohnnyRocks, gets the reader.

... that's right money out of my pocket to spite a stranger on the net.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:32 PM   #12
Waba
Groupie

SOLD... payment pending.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:37 PM   #13
RajS
Enthusiast
RajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmos

Device: PRS-950
Actually, I think I'll chime in too - just for fun.

JohnnyRocks - It's not that difficult to understand, honestly. OP wants to sell something. He sets a price. If you want it at that price you offer it. If you don't, you make a different offer. He accepts or doesn't as he wishes. End of Story. It's not really your problem whether he charges over the "market rate" or not. It's his - and he might have a hundred different reasons why he doesn't want to compete with Best Buy - for example he might decide it's worth selling at one price and worth keeping at another. That my friend is basic capitalism and I'm very surprised that despite your self-proclaimed business success you seemed to have struggled with that.

That said, the seller shouldn't really have engaged but he's totally entitled to set whatever price he wants.

Cheers!
Old 06-06-2011, 11:47 PM   #14
JohnnyRocks
Zealot

If only it were that simple, Raj, however, you clearly didn't read his replies to my offer, which were both spiteful and condescending. Had it been as simple as "I'll pass on the offer...thanks anyway" then iti would have been no big deal. You should probably take a minute to read the PM's before commenting.

Thanks for the lesson on capitalism, however. I really learned something.

Someone selling a used Honda Civic for $50,000 has every right to do so. As do the people who will point at him and laugh, and call him an imbecile.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:49 PM   #15
JohnnyRocks
Zealot

Waba. You actually made my night. On top of the fact that I got under your skin, I actually took money out of your pocket. I'm EXTREMELY happy about that. Does the term "cutting off your nose to spite your face" mean anything to you? This is literally the funniest thing I've read on this forum in a LONG time and it made my week. Thanks for that. I just wish you had let it go for $100.
Closed Thread

Tags
cover, nook color, prs950