Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 09-13-2008, 04:50 PM   #1
hjg
hjg began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Hi. I am just waiting to get my new sony reader

I been lurching in the threads for a couple of weeks now. I first got interested in the sony reader, as I had a collection of Sony Rewards point and I could get the reader from sonyrewards.com for $90 after I used all my points. I stumbled upon the forums and read through the section, which cemented my desire to get the Sony.

I ordered the reader last Monday and had it shipped to work, but the person who receives packages was out when Fedex ground came by on Friday morning. I called Fedex and they said they would hold it at the depot for me to pick up last night after 5:30 pm. I stopped by and waited for an 45 minutes while they searched for it. They could not find it on the truck or in the customer hold area, so they said that they would put a trace on it and hopefully it will be delivered on Monday morning to work, as orginally planned.
So I guess Monday morning I will get to work early and loiter around the receiving area as much as possible.

The kicker is that I used my coupon from the "Ebay Bucks" promotion to buy the optional leather cover with light on Thursday off ebay. It was sent out Thursday and I got it this morning (Saturday). At least it gives me an idea of the actual size of the device, since I haven't seen one live.

I have been to 4 Targets in my area to see if they have the display up for the Sony Ereader, but none of them had the readers out yet.

Harold
hjg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 04:58 PM   #2
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Welcome to MobileRead and to the world of electronic books. If you haven't done so yet, hop over to the book upload section here at MobileRead and start planning your future reading. While the majority of books uploaded here are out of copyright -- and therefore have early copyright date (or maybe predate copyrights altogether -- there are some recent publications from authors who have released their books with a creative commons license.

I'm carrying both a Sony PRS 505 and an Amazon Kindle. I can hardly wait for my Target to put up its display because I'm going to waltz in and snatch one of the lighted covers right off the rack.

Hope you enjoy your Sony Reader as soon as you get your hands on it.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2008, 05:14 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Harold and welcome to the Forum. Not only do you have to wait a few more days but, when you get your 505, you have to wait till it charges up. It's a long few hours but all worth it. I got a 505 in January and really like it.

Good advice from Elsi about checking out the Upload section
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 10:15 PM   #4
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello Harold
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 07:48 AM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Hi, Harold:

I have your Sony PRS-505 and boy! is it great!!!! (JUST JOKING!)

Welcome to MobileRead. Since you've been lurking, you're probably aware of all the great free books that a number of people have put together.

I know it's frustrating to wait, but you'll be very happy when you get it.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2008, 01:53 PM   #6
hjg
hjg began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Well it has arrived and with a full battery charge.

thanks for Dr. Dib for sending it along. (just kidding).
hjg is offline   Reply With Quote