Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 01:48 PM   #106
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfiera View Post
I can see "Search the internet" in the toolbar and it works great but, how can I display it in the context menu? I've copy & pasted your instructions in "Preferences -> Tweaks" but I can't get it to show up.
If you go to Preferences->Customise the toolbar, look closely and you will see a dropdown on the right that says "The main toolbar" by default. Drop it down to see the other "menus" within the system you can customise, including "The context menu for the books in the calibre library" which is the one you want.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:51 PM   #107
paulfiera
Addict
paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Aura ONE, Kobo Libra H20
ISBN

Maybe this question has been aswered before but I couldn't find it searching the forum.

Is there a plugin capable to get just the ISBN of a given book? Perhaps by right-clicking on a book? That'd be fantastic.

Most of the time, that's all I need as pasting it in the Edit Metadata ISBN field and fetching the info would take care of all the rest.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:22 PM   #108
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfiera View Post
Maybe this question has been aswered before but I couldn't find it searching the forum.

Is there a plugin capable to get just the ISBN of a given book? Perhaps by right-clicking on a book? That'd be fantastic.

Most of the time, that's all I need as pasting it in the Edit Metadata ISBN field and fetching the info would take care of all the rest.
What's wrong with the existing metadata fetch for this purpose? If you want to use it to retrieve ISBN but none of the other stuff like tags, you can untick options (or completely disable) various metadata download plugins within preferences.
Old 12-16-2010, 04:33 AM   #109
paulfiera
Addict
paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
If you go to Preferences->Customise the toolbar, look closely and you will see a dropdown on the right that says "The main toolbar" by default. Drop it down to see the other "menus" within the system you can customise, including "The context menu for the books in the calibre library" which is the one you want.
That did it!

Many thanks, kiwidude.

Fantastic plugin.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:40 AM   #110
paulfiera
Addict

Quote:
What's wrong with the existing metadata fetch for this purpose? If you want to use it to retrieve ISBN but none of the other stuff like tags, you can untick options (or completely disable) various metadata download plugins within preferences.
Duh!

I always got the ISBN no. first, pasted it in the metadata fetch and then fetched the metadata from the server.

Thanks for pointing that out.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:28 PM   #111
mst
Connoisseur
mst began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Opening pdf files in other viewer than default system viewer

Is it possible to have ebooks from the calibre library open in a different pdf viewer than the system default viewer? I have my system (windows XP) set to foxit reader as default, but I would like to read ebooks in sumatra pdf.

Does anyone know how to do that?
Old 12-19-2010, 09:42 PM   #112
kiwidude

Quote:
Originally Posted by mst View Post
Is it possible to have ebooks from the calibre library open in a different pdf viewer than the system default viewer? I have my system (windows XP) set to foxit reader as default, but I would like to read ebooks in sumatra pdf.

Does anyone know how to do that?
I'm sure someone will correct me if wrong but I don't think there is no way to do that without a custom plugin, like the "Open ePub in Editor" one. I think you can only configure Calibre to either use it's internal viewer or else it will use your system default. It would be a trivial exercise to write a PDF menu item based on that ePub plugin code though.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:21 PM   #113
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
I'm sure someone will correct me if wrong but I don't think there is no way to do that without a custom plugin, like the "Open ePub in Editor" one. I think you can only configure Calibre to either use it's internal viewer or else it will use your system default. It would be a trivial exercise to write a PDF menu item based on that ePub plugin code though.
A custom plugin based on the "Open ePub in Editor" is what I suggested to him in another thread. That is exactly why he is asking in this thread.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:42 AM   #114
kiwidude

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
A custom plugin based on the "Open ePub in Editor" is what I suggested to him in another thread. That is exactly why he is asking in this thread.
Ok, thanks, I hadn't seen his other thread, I only look at a few every now and then. Do you know if he wants someone to actually write it for him or ? His post above wasn't very clear on that.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:56 AM   #115
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Ok, thanks, I hadn't seen his other thread, I only look at a few every now and then. Do you know if he wants someone to actually write it for him or ? His post above wasn't very clear on that.
I think the concept is new to him. I'm not sure how knowledgeable or adventurous he might be, but here is the thread where I volunteered your expertise as a consultant.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:49 AM   #116
kiwidude

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
I think the concept is new to him. I'm not sure how knowledgeable or adventurous he might be, but here is the thread where I volunteered your expertise as a consultant.
Ok, thanks for that clarification. Just now I knocked up an "Open PDF externally" plugin, but while doing so it gave me a better idea. Instead I am writing an "Open format externally" plugin, where you can configure it for EPUB, PDF or any other format you like rather than having all individual plugins for each format. Just in case in future someone says they want a LIT or MOBI or whatever format supported, they can just add it themselves to a tweak setting. Will post it here when done.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:10 AM   #117
janvanmaar
Addict
janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3G, Samsung SIII
Quote:
Just in case in future someone says they want a LIT or MOBI or whatever format supported, they can just add it themselves to a tweak setting.
Just a tiny detail - there is also plugin customization that can be used instead of the tweak settings - just so that tweak settings are used for tweaks and plugin customization for plugins. Not much difference for the user except that he does not need to go through teaks and add lines there.
(On the other hand, only a single input field is offered to the user for the plugin customization, so if one needs to input many values then tweaks may be still better)
Old 12-20-2010, 09:41 AM   #118
kiwidude

Quote:
Originally Posted by janvanmaar View Post
Just a tiny detail - there is also plugin customization that can be used instead of the tweak settings - just so that tweak settings are used for tweaks and plugin customization for plugins. Not much difference for the user except that he does not need to go through teaks and add lines there.
(On the other hand, only a single input field is offered to the user for the plugin customization, so if one needs to input many values then tweaks may be still better)
Thanks for that. I hadn't looked into plugin settings that way because I just "assumed" you needed to code up a custom dialog which is way more than the simplicity of a tweak. Plus with tweaks you can put a giant comment next to it explaining all the options and variations when they are complex as is the case with the search the internet and the one I am working on. For future reference though is there an example somewhere I could look at?
Old 12-20-2010, 10:31 AM   #119
kiwidude

Open With plugin

*** This plugin has now been moved to it's own thread - download from the link below ***
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=1362744

This plugin allows you to launch external applications for editing your books in Calibre.

Common uses are to allow editing a specific format of a book in an external editor (such as to edit an EPUB in Sigil), or to edit the cover of a book in an external graphics program to crop/resize it.

Main Features:
  • Launch external applications for a particular format or cover of the selected book.
  • Easy to use configuration dialog accessed via right-click context menu or Preferences->Plugins
  • A number of predefined default Windows application paths for you to choose from, plus the ability to edit/add your own.
  • Menu is fully customisable to change ordering, add submenus, keyboard shortcuts, images and command line arguments.
  • Import and export capability for backup or sharing with other users.
  • Help file web page available from the configuration dialog.
Special Notes:
  • Requires Calibre v0.7.42 or later.
  • Tested under Windows only by myself, though it should work on other platforms.
Installation Steps:
  1. Download the attached zip file and install the plugin/restart Calibre/add to context menu as described in the first post of this thread.
  2. Click on "Customize plugin" in the context menu to select the application(s) you want in your menu, alter paths etc as appropriate for your machine setup. This option is also available via the Preferences->Plugins dialog once you select it within the list.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_1_Menu.png
Views:	697
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	65482   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2_Configuration.png
Views:	630
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	65483   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_3_Add_Image.png
Views:	604
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	65484  

Last edited by kiwidude; 01-27-2011 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Moved to own thread
Old 12-20-2010, 12:19 PM   #120
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
This plugin is an enhanced alternative to the "Open ePub in Editor" plugin intended to supercede it. It allows you to configure and launch a combination of a specific application (e.g. Sigil) for a specified format (e.g. EPUB) via a sub-menu. The advantage over the previous ePub only plugin is that you can configure multiple format/application combinations to appear in the submenu, each of which can have icons and keyboard shortcuts..
Oooo!
You did it again
I was just thinking that it would be nice to ALSO be able to check an EPUB with Flightcrew with a single click

, All it needs is a "Kitchen Sink (with a book in it)" for an Icon
Closed Thread