Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-19-2010, 05:09 AM   #1
capsolo
capsolo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Repeated Chapter Headings in Kobo Table of Contents

Hello,

I just finished fixing up an epub (splitting into proper chapters, correcting formatting, etc.) that I converted from PDF. Everything looks fine in Calibre reader and ADE and on the Kobe ... so success there.

However, I noticed that when I look at the Table of Contents on the Kobe every chapter is listed twice....

Chapter 1
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 2 ... etc.

This doesn't occur on ADE or Calibre. Is it something in the HTML. I am very new to this and it's the first time I've attempted anything with HTML Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
capsolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 07:08 AM   #2
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsolo View Post
This doesn't occur on ADE or Calibre.
Then it must be a problem with Kobo.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2010, 02:33 PM   #3
capsolo

Could their be something in the html that kobo is interpreting wrong that I could change..
Old 06-19-2010, 03:23 PM   #4
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsolo View Post
Could their be something in the html that kobo is interpreting wrong that I could change..
Did you look in the toc.ncx file inside the EPUB ZIP archive? That is where the TOC is stored in an EPUB.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 09:59 PM   #5
Stinger
Asha'man
Stinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-books

I've noticed this on my Kobo too.
Neither Calibre, nor Sigil show the redundant entries. When I examined the TOC.NCX file in a few epubs, it also did not contain any multiple entries.

Definitely something on the Kobo's side
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2010, 03:09 AM   #6
capsolo

Well if it's the kobo, perhaps it is something I will have to live with. The book is very readable, it's just that the toc looks ugly...lol