Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-31-2009, 01:30 PM   #16
davidspitzer
So Many Words to Read!
davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
Could you answer my question please?(if it is not too difficult)
here
zoom is only per page; to turn to the next page it drops you out of zoom and you have to soom back in if you wish to view it zoomed - you can not annotate, highlight, or erase annotations in zoom nor can you flip to the next page while still zoomed in - you can only pan around in that single page
davidspitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:06 PM   #17
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidspitzer View Post
zoom is only per page; to turn to the next page it drops you out of zoom and you have to soom back in if you wish to view it zoomed - you can not annotate, highlight, or erase annotations in zoom nor can you flip to the next page while still zoomed in - you can only pan around in that single page
Thanks.
Useless feature for me.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2009, 02:07 PM   #18
Floeee
Groupie
Floeee began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000s *returned* / Sony PRS-505 *returned* / Asus eee PC t91
Quote:
you arent able to turn the page in zoom???

so you have to zoom in - read - zoom out - turn page - zoom in - ... ?

i mean, i did expect, that the reader is dropping you out of the zoom at page turn, but this is retarted...
Floeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:09 PM   #19
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floeee View Post

Apparently. The same as in 700.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:54 PM   #20
davidspitzer
So Many Words to Read!
davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Quote:

i mean, i did expect, that the reader is dropping you out of the zoom at page turn, but this is retarted...
if you turn the page it drops you out of zoom and goes to the next page where you will have to zoom into that page if it tickles your fancy to do so. Not perfect but better then not having the zoom feature at all like the 505 - I have faith it will be improved via an update soon
Advert
Old 08-31-2009, 05:12 PM   #21
Floeee
Groupie

yeah thats the reason why i will give my 505 back and wait 1-2 weeks until the 600 arrives at my bookstore

i thought you have get out of the zoom, before you are able to turn the page
so its ok and what i expected ^^
Old 08-31-2009, 07:06 PM   #22
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Just to clarify...the 600's and 700's support two types of PDF "zoom".

Both the 600 and 700 allow you to "reflow" PDF text based documents--just like the 505 does. This increases the size of the fonts and can have odd page breaks and weird placement of graphics. Reflowed documents don't reset when a page is turned--the fonts keep their size.

But the 600 and 700 also supports a "true zoom" where you can zoom in and then move around on the page by dragging it on the screen. When using this type of zoom, the size will go back to the original size when the page is turned.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 07:41 PM   #23
davidspitzer
So Many Words to Read!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dordale View Post
Just to clarify...the 600's and 700's support two types of PDF "zoom".

Both the 600 and 700 allow you to "reflow" PDF text based documents--just like the 505 does. This increases the size of the fonts and can have odd page breaks and weird placement of graphics. Reflowed documents don't reset when a page is turned--the fonts keep their size.

But the 600 and 700 also supports a "true zoom" where you can zoom in and then move around on the page by dragging it on the screen. When using this type of zoom, the size will go back to the original size when the page is turned.

dordale
good synopsis!

you can catch what both look like in the video in this thread - if you dont mind the reflow of the graphics the reflow option is easier to read and quicker, the zoom is great for manuals and the like where graphic placement is key
Old 09-01-2009, 07:44 PM   #24
Floeee
Groupie

Quote:
good synopsis!

you can catch what both look like in the video in this thread - if you dont mind the reflow of the graphics the reflow option is easier to read and quicker, the zoom is great for manuals and the like where graphic placement is key
but isnt it better to read such things on an irex?
im very leaning to an iliad or DR, can the 600 with his zoom keep up to the iliad in landscape, vewing pdf?
Old 09-01-2009, 11:40 PM   #25
Vesper
Addict
Vesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-350, Cybook Gen3, Palm T|X
Quote:
but isnt it better to read such things on an irex?
im very leaning to an iliad or DR, can the 600 with his zoom keep up to the iliad in landscape, vewing pdf?
It's better, but it has poor battery life and is too big for carrying around. If I had money to spare I would buy it for read-at-home-pdf.

DrS
Vesper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:29 AM   #26
Floeee
Groupie

yeah you are very right about the battery life
but the iliad isnt that much bigger and even the DR is a bit smaller than an a4 page
so if you carry it in a bag, then you can also carry the DR in it instead of a PRS
Old 10-21-2009, 06:25 AM   #27
sebastienbillard
Connoisseur
sebastienbillard is on a distinguished road

Device: none
That zoom feature is awesome for an ereader ! Is the PRS 600 the only model to offer a such kind of zoom ?
sebastienbillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 06:31 AM   #28
astra
The Introvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastienbillard View Post
That zoom feature is awesome for an ereader ! Is the PRS 600 the only model to offer a such kind of zoom ?
700 has got it too, but the feature is far from "awesome". Quite opposite, it is a crippled feature. The reader doesn't remember the zoom position when you turn a page, meaning you have to adjust zoom every time after you turn a page...
Old 10-21-2009, 06:38 AM   #29
sebastienbillard
Connoisseur
sebastienbillard is on a distinguished road

Device: none
Well I still see it useful for occasional zooming, for example in a mostly text book with some schemas or pictures in it. It may allow a better experience too with technical graphical documents such as maps, diagrams and so on. For paging you still got the classical zoom/reflow options no ?
sebastienbillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 06:43 AM   #30
astra
The Introvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastienbillard View Post
Well I still see it useful for occasional zooming, for example in a mostly text book with some schemas or pictures in it. It may allow a better experience too with technical graphical documents such as maps, diagrams and so on. For paging you still got the classical zoom/reflow options no ?
You are absolutely rright.

When you use reflow function with technical pdf on Sony Reader, please tell us about your experience