Notices

Old 03-06-2012, 02:16 PM   #1
Jamestoo
Enthusiast
Jamestoo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Changes Disappear in Saved Files

Has anyone experienced this?

I have added images to my epub or changed text and when I was done saved the Sigil file. Sometime later, having reopened this most recent saved file, again from within Sigil, when working on a different chapter I discovered that the changes were no longer there that I made in the first chapter.

This has happened several times. I've started extracting the individual text blocks from *.xhtml files and saving as text files so I wouldn't lose the coding I had thought was done—subject to tweaking, of course!
I can reload the image files to reconstitute that area, so that's not as big a problem.

If you have run into this, I'd appreciate hearing from you. And if you have a fix, even more so.

Thanks
Jamestoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:20 PM   #2
mmat1
Berti
mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer Lumiread
Never heard something like this !
Whats your Sigil-Version & OS ?
mmat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2012, 05:27 PM   #3
Jamestoo
Enthusiast
Jamestoo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I'm running Sigil 0.4.2 on Windows 7
Jamestoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:38 AM   #4
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
I have used almost every version of Sigil, but never encountered this as described. The only times I lost text was when I forgot to save (doh!) or a wrongly executed S&R.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:46 AM   #5
huebi
Zealot
huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Are the files stored in the same folder or are they elsewhere? There two buttons: sace and save as...

MUst be something like this or may be lacking authorities, but i never had this.
huebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2012, 06:26 AM   #6
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Try opening the file using file, open, rather than the recent file list. Sometimes things don't seem to make it to the most recent file list.

Last edited by mrmikel; 03-07-2012 at 06:26 AM. Reason: correction
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:33 AM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I think this happened to me ONCE with a 5.x version that did not crash (with a message) on XP.

I can't prove it, but my changes were not there and I sure did not use the 'Discard' button.

I use the Save Icon, and close with the Close X in the corner as that way saves the current Window locations and states (File:Exit does not, but some other stored state.)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:17 PM   #8
mmat1
Berti
mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer Lumiread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamestoo View Post
I'm running Sigil 0.4.2 on Windows 7
The only report of loss data with this Version I can give is:
- I used national Characters (like äöü) in filenames (such like "ärger.xhtml") and the whole file was gone after reopening the epub.

- the second is not really a loss but i thought i made changes by bulk-S/R. Sigil tells me about 500 changes but afterwards I found that at last 10% of all matches are not changed.

Does any of these situations match your problem ?

However I Suggest to upgrade to 5.3
mmat1 is offline   Reply With Quote