Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-03-2011, 05:03 AM   #1
schechow
schechow began at the beginning.

Device: K3
My kindle3 got frozen, help me

Dear pals:
My kindle3 was doing very well in past a few months. but last Monday, I cannot get into my kindle system. It stopped at the screensaver. I have tried every methods even that I opened the back to release the battery.

Its not easy for me to contact amazon service staff since I am in China now where no amazon kindle service is available.

So maybe there is some genius who can help me out.
schechow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 05:40 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The most likely explanation is that the battery is flat. Plug it in to the charger and leave it overnight.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2011, 12:03 PM   #3
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
^^ agree with HarryT. You have nothing to lose but 1 day - charge it up, leave it alone for 12-24 hours and then see what happens.

Do let us know!
lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 06:07 PM   #4
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
As Harry says, it's likely the battery. Plug it in for at least several hours, preferrably overnight. Then, when it's had a chance to charge thoroughly, unplug it, and press the power button slider all the way over and hold for 15 seconds. Count them off. It's a long time. Then release and wait to see if it powers on.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:25 AM   #5
schechow
schechow began at the beginning.

Device: K3
Thank you.
but when i plug in the Kindle, the charging light didn't turn yellow.
I charged it overnight. Then I tried to hold the switch button to the right for at least 1 minute. But, it all came with failure that my kindle still got frozen.
schechow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2011, 03:02 PM   #6
mtsp
Enthusiast
mtsp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G
Maybe the problem lies in the charger or cable?
Try using a USB cable.
mtsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:49 AM   #7
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by schechow View Post
Thank you.
but when i plug in the Kindle, the charging light didn't turn yellow.
I charged it overnight. Then I tried to hold the switch button to the right for at least 1 minute. But, it all came with failure that my kindle still got frozen.
Contact Amazon Kindle support. They are very good, and will help you resolve the problem or replace your Kindle.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 06:21 AM   #8
drjenkins
Addict
drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by schechow View Post
Then I tried to hold the switch button to the right for at least 1 minute. But, it all came with failure that my kindle still got frozen.
When this has happened to me I found that 15 seconds worked, while longer times did not. That is, hold the switch for 15 seconds and then release.
drjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:51 AM   #9
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Contact Amazon Kindle support. They are very good, and will help you resolve the problem or replace your Kindle.
This is about the best solution. They're generally great about resolving these things. Give it a shot! Good luck.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote