Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-10-2013, 06:20 AM   #1
Dime333
Dime333 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Tablet-like scrolling on M92

Hello guys, i have a question regarding the M92 while scrolling a PDF. From what i saw in some videos there is a way to scroll a page (i.e. when zoomed) swiping the pen but the result is something like a page turn, displaying the rest of the page instantaneously. What i did not saw is the possibility of scrolling like a tablet, like some kind of "real-time" refresh (like the Sony PRS-T2 in this video, minute 22:24). Is this possibile right now/in the future? Thanks!
Dime333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:22 AM   #2
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Well, I gues that in most/all cases pen allows you to move the viewport - see different part of page, in M92.

The page turning (by using a pen) works only under certain conditions. But I do not know which conditions...
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:12 PM   #3
Dime333

Uhm, sorry but that was not what i meant. Just watch the linked video in my previous post and jump straight to minute 22:24 to understand better what i meant (better than any explaination )
Old 02-10-2013, 01:49 PM   #4
por
Groupie
por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: ONYX M96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dime333 View Post
Uhm, sorry but that was not what i meant. Just watch the linked video in my previous post and jump straight to minute 22:24 to understand better what i meant (better than any explaination )
You mean partial refresh while you drag the page?

This is not the case in the current firmware of the M92. Dragging results in a single global refresh
por is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:34 PM   #5
Dime333

I don't know if it's called partial refresh, i just meant the (very fast) dragging refresh speed like you're on a tablet. It is very useful on a PDF that needs to be scrolled all the time. Too bad it's not implemented, that's the only thing to keep me away from the Boox, otherwise i will have bought it already
Thanks for your answer!
Old 02-11-2013, 03:48 AM   #6
por
Groupie
por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: ONYX M96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dime333 View Post
I don't know if it's called partial refresh, i just meant the (very fast) dragging refresh speed like you're on a tablet. It is very useful on a PDF that needs to be scrolled all the time. Too bad it's not implemented, that's the only thing to keep me away from the Boox, otherwise i will have bought it already
Thanks for your answer!
The M92 has a big screen, auto-crop and two-column mode for reading such pdfs. Dragging pages around would not really be necessary.
por is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:37 AM   #7
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

I agree.

Dragging pages might be handy in some circumstances. And pinch to zoom as well, but it is not technically possible on M92 anyway. But it is not really needed on 10" screen and reading modes implemented.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:23 AM   #8
Lbooker
Addict
Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I disagree. On my Sony, I switch to no-refresh mode (no more flashing when turning a page; it is a black and white mode instead of 16 greys), then I can open a PDF, select continuous scrolling mode (the whole book is considered like one very long page), and I can scroll as fast as I want throughout the PDF. It can be very convenient.
Can the flashing caused by the whole refresh of the page be disabled in the M92 ?
Lbooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:11 PM   #9
crazydog
error
crazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Keyboard, M92
I could think of "tablet like scrolling" on webpages. There it could be useful.
But since the web browser is very slow the usefullness of fast scrolling around is very limited.
crazydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:34 PM   #10
revink
revink , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revink , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revink , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revink , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revink , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revink , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revink , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revink , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revink , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revink , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revink , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: onyx boox m92
Quote:
Originally Posted by por View Post
The M92 has a big screen, auto-crop and two-column mode for reading such pdfs. Dragging pages around would not really be necessary.
Hi, just saw about this, how do you get to a two-column mode reading? I mean my problem is that I have some scanned pdf which have in every pdf page two a4 pages facing one each other, but if I apply the crop margin to half of them of course I don't see half of the pages. Is there a way to divide every page into two and then move from one half to another and then to the next page?
revink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:19 AM   #11
Mono
Mono

If page fits the screen use comics or paper mode, if you need zoom and so you do not see whole page use paper mode.

Paper mode is two-column mode. In reality it is multicolumn mode.