Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-02-2011, 11:52 AM   #46
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
I just assumed you were being intentionally difficult.
No, I was unaware that the brightness control within the reader app was different than the brightness control within settings. I had always set brightness from settings.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:33 PM   #47
BarryR
Connoisseur
BarryR doesn't litterBarryR doesn't litter

Device: Color Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I just tried that and it does get much dimmer. Thanks a lot; I appreciate it. I was using the brightness control from the settings page.

Now I can read library books.
There's an app call AdjBrightness which will let you set the screen as dim as you want. In fact, if you set it to 3 (maybe 4) you won't even be able to see the screen (so you should avoid doing so).

I often read at 7 (which is pretty low and quite a bit lower than the lowest stock or reader setting).
BarryR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:34 AM   #48
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryR View Post
There's an app call AdjBrightness which will let you set the screen as dim as you want. In fact, if you set it to 3 (maybe 4) you won't even be able to see the screen (so you should avoid doing so).

I often read at 7 (which is pretty low and quite a bit lower than the lowest stock or reader setting).
Thanks for the info, but I'm not rooted yet. I'll keep it in mind when I do.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote