Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-29-2017, 08:04 AM   #1
bob.f
Connoisseur
bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: N/A
"calibredb list" throws error

I am trying to list my library with the "calibredb list" command and am getting errors similar to that below. I have a feeling the problem is something to do with non-ascii characters in the metadata (see the author value below).

Does anyone know of a fix?

117 The Wrath and the Dawn: The Wrath and the Dawn Book 1 Renée AhdiePython function terminated unexpectedly
[Errno 0] Error (Error Code: 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site.py", line 101, in main
File "site.py", line 78, in run_entry_point
File "site-packages\calibre\db\cli\main.py", line 253, in main
File "site-packages\calibre\db\cli\main.py", line 55, in run_cmd
File "site-packages\calibre\db\cli\cmd_list.py", line 324, in main
File "site-packages\calibre\db\cli\cmd_list.py", line 215, in do_list
IOError: [Errno 0] Error
bob.f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 10:39 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Where is the Library drive?
I ask because of IOerror
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 06:42 PM   #3
bob.f
Connoisseur
bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Library is local ssd.
Old 12-29-2017, 08:31 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob.f View Post
Library is local ssd.
Now that is odd. Are all the (library folder) permissions: FULL ?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 09:03 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The windows console is extrememely limited. You get I/O errors if too much ttext is output to it for instance. I suggest you redirect the output to a file, that will remove the I/O errors. The file will contain utf-8 encoded text.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 08:04 AM   #6
bob.f
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The windows console is extrememely limited. You get I/O errors if too much ttext is output to it for instance. I suggest you redirect the output to a file, that will remove the I/O errors. The file will contain utf-8 encoded text.
Perfect, thank you.