Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-30-2015, 01:42 AM   #1
Deina97
Deina97 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Note
Question "Books with same titles..." when they're not

I'm trying to import a couple hundred PDF files into a special library in Calibre.

The naming convention is identical for all of them: "manifest yy-mm-dd.pdf", but when I import them it imports them all as "Manifest by Unknown [PDF]" & calls them all dupes.

I tried giving each one a (more) unique name by renaming them to "manifestA yy-mm-dd.pdf", "manifestB yy-mm-dd.pdf", "manifestC yy-mm-dd.pdf", & etc by month, but it didn't make any difference.

The reason I want to import them into Calibre is so I can convert them to RTFs, then import them into SQL.
Deina97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 01:53 AM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
They need to have authors as well.

Alternatively, just select the option to import anyway.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 02:48 AM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Deina97 - Alternatively you could convert the pdf,s via the ebook-convert ( click) command, which would create the rtf's without any need for a library.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
add books, brain dead, duplicate books