Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-07-2013, 02:10 AM   #1
tamiby
tamiby began at the beginning.

Device: Huawei Ascend Mate 7 with Mantano Reader, Kindle Paperwhite
Question "Automatic Adding" in Calibre portable

Hi all!!

I have a question about using the "Automatic Adding" feature in Calibre portable. Are these two compatible?

And if they are, where should I put the automatic adding folder? Would I have a problem when I open Calibre on another computer?

(I'm using Calibre portable installed on a Copy.com folder)

I've not been able to find any information on this

Thanks in advance!
tamiby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:26 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can put the folder anywhere you like. If you run it on another computer and the folder is not present, it will simply be ignored and no automatic adding will happen.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:44 PM   #3
tamiby
tamiby began at the beginning.

Device: Huawei Ascend Mate 7 with Mantano Reader, Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks for the response!!!

If I'm understanding this correctly (which I might have not, english isn't my native language), even if I put the folder inside the "calibre portable" folder in the pendrive, calibre might not recognize it unless it's plugged into the original computer?
tamiby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:48 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yes, the full path to the folder has to be exactly the same, so if on different computers the pen drive gets different drive letters, it will not be recognized.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote