Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 04-09-2010, 10:54 AM   #1
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Kobo Glo HD, nook ST with Glo (backup)
Picking up my nook at lunch!

My wife gave me the green light to get my b-day present early, so I am heading to B&N at lunch to buy my nook.
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 11:29 AM   #2
bookwerm
Zealot
bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: B&N Nook
Congratulations! I got my Nook on Tuesday (an upgrade from my 505), and I love it! So far it's frozen once (and hopefully only that one time!), and I'm still mastering the finger swipe to change pages, but otherwise, it's been a great experience. I'm also addicted to downloading eBooks with wireless - how did I ever live without this on my Sony?!?! Even though I ported like 80 unread books from the Sony to the Nook, I've still bought like a dozen books! Ha.
bookwerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2010, 12:17 PM   #3
Schmots
Connoisseur
Schmots began at the beginning.

Device: nook, prs-505, iphone
its even better once you softroot it.
Schmots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 01:02 PM   #4
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmots View Post
its even better once you softroot it.
I plan on doing that this weekend. Can I find the instructions here on MobileRead or should I google it?
Old 04-09-2010, 01:06 PM   #5
bookwerm
Zealot
bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_D View Post
I plan on doing that this weekend. Can I find the instructions here on MobileRead or should I google it?
I haven't softrooted mine yet, but have checked out the info on it - http://nookdevs.com.
bookwerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2010, 01:25 PM   #6
Rich_D
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookwerm View Post
I haven't softrooted mine yet, but have checked out the info on it - http://nookdevs.com.
Thanks! My meeting ran late, so I have to pick it up on my way home. I was hoping to charge it from work this afternoon and play with it once I got home!
Old 04-09-2010, 03:45 PM   #7
Schmots
Connoisseur
Schmots began at the beginning.

Device: nook, prs-505, iphone
unlike the sony you can use it while its plugged in.
Schmots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 04:50 PM   #8
GPLarge
GPLarge began at the beginning.

Got mine today too! Love it so far.
GPLarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:05 AM   #9
Rich_D
Fanatic

I'm digging the nook! I haven't done the softroot yet, but as I convert and add all my existing ebooks I can definitely see the need for a better file manager.

I definitely enjoy reading on the nook more than reading on the T/X.