Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-11-2010, 09:04 PM   #1
MJBoa
MJBoa began at the beginning.

Device: Droid
Extreme memory usage

Hey guys, I'm running Calibre on Ubuntu 9.10 x64. I downloaded the x64 package from sourceforge and I'm just running the binaries from there. Now it seems to start fine, everything works as expected. Except when I try to add a PDF or look at a PDF I've added. Within 5 seconds, memory usage for the "loader" process shoots up to the max memory on my system. Usually more than 3.5 GB!
Clearly, there's something wrong and I think it's got to do with PDFs.
So I looked here:
http://bugs.calibre-ebook.com/ticket/2996

Disabling both writing and reading metadata plugins for PDF did nothing. Plus, I want to be able to read metadata for PDFs.
Is there anything I can do?
MJBoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:37 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre uses two libraries to read/write pdf metadata -- poppler/podofo

If you're seeing mem leaks then they are in those libraries and you should open tickets about them in their bug trackers.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
memory, pdf