Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-14-2013, 03:26 AM   #1
mom34spartan
mom34spartan began at the beginning.

Device: none
Edit Metadata Individually not working

Previously when I used edit medadata individually, there was a "button" to click when you wanted the update/edit to run. I do not see one now. Have I lost some kind of plug-in or more possibly - did I do something to the "edit metadata" file?
Attached Files
File Type: doc Metadata Question for Calibre.doc (1.55 MB, 140 views)
mom34spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:52 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Click OK
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2013, 08:08 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@momspartan - I just noticed in your attached Word file you have

Quote:
My Question is, do I need to just quit using the “individual” edit and use the “Ctrl D” function?
I use both - if I don't like what the new one (Ctrl/D) chooses, then I use the old one (EW) to 'pick and choose'

[Suggestion 1] When "Ctrl/D' is used on many books it would good if Calibre would offer the option to create a marked list of books for which the download was rejected - then one could use it to do downloads via the individual edit function. Or if the Temp Marker PI is installed then give the user a way to access it from the review dialogue.

[Suggestion 2]Have all the current book details displayed when reviewing the material downloaded. The Book Details (what I see with Show Book Details) could be displayed in a collapsible panel on the RHS of the Download Review panel. It would be read only, i.e. there would be no active links for Author, Idents, Formats etc.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote