Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-22-2008, 01:36 PM   #406
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Thanks for sharing the info from PNH! That sounds like good news.

(Here's hoping they won't go with narrow format locking....)

Is that what it means when my download is about 2 words wide, a column straight down the center?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 02:03 PM   #407
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
Sweet. I'd somehow missed that the books were up aleady, and had just emailed tor about getting a mobi or html version of mistborn, so thanks for the headsup. I'm sure it was my own lack of reading comprehension, though..? I'd thought there would be one last email this Friday, but I guess not.

Anyways, while I'd been using html to conver to .lrf through calibre because calibre recommends html over .prc, i found that the files come out much better using the .prc versions (actual page breaks for new chapters, .. a small detail but when it's not done right, it's always a jarring reminder that this isn't an actual pbook).

Last edited by seajewel; 07-22-2008 at 02:04 PM. Reason: clarification
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2008, 02:58 PM   #408
IceHand
Linux User
IceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by seajewel View Post
Sweet. I'd somehow missed that the books were up aleady, and had just emailed tor about getting a mobi or html version of mistborn, so thanks for the headsup. I'm sure it was my own lack of reading comprehension, though..? I'd thought there would be one last email this Friday, but I guess not.
I thought so too, but remembered something about them opening on July 20th so today I went to Tor.com to check. It's a bit strange though that they didn't announce the opening of their website via e-mail.
IceHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 03:20 PM   #409
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by seajewel View Post
I'd thought there would be one last email this Friday, but I guess not.
I got an email on Friday (7/18) with "Darkness of the Light" by Peter David as well as noting the 7/20 site launch.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
free book, subscription, tor