Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-10-2011, 02:00 AM   #1
dsc3507
dsc3507 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Run Error Suse Linux

I have installed the binaries to Suse 10.2 and I get the following error when running any command -

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site.py", line 52, in main
File "site.py", line 41, in set_qt_plugin_path
ImportError: cannot import name QCoreApplication

Can someone tell me what the problem is?

The system has -

Python 2.7 (r27:82500, Sep 15 2010, 19:15:14)
[GCC 4.1.2 20061115 (prerelease) (SUSE Linux)] on linux2
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.

glibc-2.5-25
dsc3507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:10 AM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
What binaries did you use / where did you get them from? The only supported install method is using the binary installer form http://calibre-ebook.com
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2011, 10:30 AM   #3
dsc3507

Yes I did the install from that site -

python -c "import urllib2; exec urllib2.urlopen('http://status.calibre-ebook.com/linux_installer').read(); main()"

It gave me that error at the end of the install so it did not complete the install properly I suspect. I also downloaded the linux binary manually and when I run any binary I get the error listed.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:24 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
How old is Suse 10.2?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:38 PM   #5
dsc3507

Not sure when it was released but it is not that old. The specific error I list above should point to some problem like a lack of a needed dependency. Can someone address that issue? Is there a list of dependencies for the binaries to run? I see a list for compiling source but that is another issue.

The error received is :

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site.py", line 52, in main
File "site.py", line 41, in set_qt_plugin_path
ImportError: cannot import name QCoreApplication
Advert
Old 01-10-2011, 10:59 PM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc3507 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
How old is Suse 10.2?
Not sure when it was released but it is not that old.
This version was released 07-Dec-2006 and as of 07-Dec-2008 is no longer a supported version (info).

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 01-10-2011 at 11:01 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:36 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You're going to find it very difficult to get calibre running on that old a distro. The first thing to try is get a version of glibc >= 2.10 for your distro and put it into the /opt/calibre/lib directory.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:10 AM   #8
dsc3507

In my first post on this topic I stated -

The system has -

glibc-2.5-25

I would think that the error received would point to at least a point to start or some clue as to what is missing or required.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:05 PM   #9
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
The majority of dependencies (such as python 2.7) are bundled. As Kovid said glibc >= 2.10 is required to be present on your system and is not provided by the calibre installer.

Your clue to a starting point as to what is missing or required is glibc 2.10.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:13 PM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc3507 View Post
In my first post on this topic I stated -

The system has -

glibc-2.5-25

I would think that the error received would point to at least a point to start or some clue as to what is missing or required.
2.5 is a string (think .05)
it is less than 2.10 (a string that often gets written/thought as .1 in error. This bite many. Not to worry )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:25 PM   #11
dsc3507

Ok very confusing on versions. Logic would tell you that 2.5 was greater than 2.1 but then there is not a 2.5 so I should have known that.

Anyhow 2.11.2 seems like the latest stable but 2.12.2 is latest. Should I go with the stable or latest?

Tags
qcoreapplication error