Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-28-2010, 12:02 PM   #1
Falcao
Banned
Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650
It's already Fall

Kindle doesn't show in Best Buy or Staples web pages. Anybody from southern Arizona (Tucson) knows if Kindle is available in stores there?

Thanks
Falcao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 12:07 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Here's what the website says......apparently you have to go to a physical store to buy.

Amazon Kindle — now at Best Buy stores

Pick up the Amazon Kindle at a Best Buy store near you. Although the Kindle is not available for purchase on BestBuy.com, you can shop for Kindle accessories. Find a store ›
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2010, 12:16 PM   #3
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
I guess it makes sense. If you want to mailorder it then get it from Amazon directly.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 12:30 PM   #4
Falcao
Banned
Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiersten View Post
I guess it makes sense.
Unless you live south of the border. That's what I like from Best Buy, I can order online and later pickup my stuff in the store.

And Best Buy sells the nook online, even if it can be ordered from B&N.

P.S. Thanks to grandma for the quick answer. I could swear that yesterday BB site didn't show that message. :-)

Last edited by Falcao; 09-28-2010 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Add info
Old 09-28-2010, 12:54 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcao View Post
Unless you live south of the border. That's what I like from Best Buy, I can order online and later pickup my stuff in the store.

And Best Buy sells the nook online, even if it can be ordered from B&N.

P.S. Thanks to grandma for the quick answer. I could swear that yesterday BB site didn't show that message. :-)

Fastest fingers in the west!

Ordering from Amazon online will give you superior CS....no hassle return if you don't like it, no restocking fee, instant credit for accidentally bought books, instant "call back" service", and a great start up page.....where you can download the user manual in pdf if you like.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200503360
Advert
Old 09-28-2010, 01:08 PM   #6
supermighty
Groupie
supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libre 2
Check out a Target, that's where I picked mine up.
supermighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 01:11 PM   #7
Falcao
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Fastest fingers in the west!
I'm sure they are!

I could order from Amazon but I don't want to pay $50-$60 between S&H and taxes. Moreover, I don't want to find that Amazon sent the kindle by mail, because then it will be "lost" by the Mexican post service. No, I don't want that if I can just cross the border and drive to Tucson. But, I don't want to drive to Tucson and find no kindle there. Well, who said life is easy?

Thanks for the link.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:19 PM   #8
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Heres a list of the stores in Tucson.

Click on the "weekly ad" of the one you want to go to, then on the 'contact info" button, and you'll get a phone number.

A quick call would let you know if they have them and I'll bet they'd hold one for you? Good luck.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....equestid=21036

PS......you can also click right undereath the store where it says "hours" and it will show a phone number.......
Old 09-28-2010, 01:23 PM   #9
Falcao
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Heres a list of the stores in Tucson.
You are a good solver! Thanks, that's exactly what I will do.