Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-16-2012, 03:25 PM   #1
morriss003
Evangelist
morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
What is Your Favorite Jayne Ann Krentz book

Jayne Ann Krentz is one of my favorite writers. I just finished Copper Beach after starting yesterday afternoon and forcing myself to go to bed last night at 12:15 am. I got up and finished the book this morning.
I'm working on my website, and I plan to list my favorite authors. But what book should I list as her best?
morriss003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:44 AM   #2
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
The problem is I can't say. I like her books a lot, and I wouldn't be able to choose a favorite one.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2012, 12:39 PM   #3
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
I'm a big Jayne Ann Krentz fan. In fact, I can hardly read any other author after her.

I suggest you start the Arcane Novels:

1. Second Site (by Amanda Quick)
2. White Lies ( Jayne Ann Krentz)
3. Sizzle and Burn (Jayne Ann Krentz)
4. Third Circle (Amanda Quick)

etc. She's up to 12 for Arcane Society

Now she's started branching out to other Paranormal books in the line. Copper Beach is the 1st Dark Legacy novel, in April comes (from Amanda Quick) the Crystal Garden, a Ladies of Lantern Street novel.

Check out her Web site, www.jayneannkrentz.com

Be aware, her earlier books were "Man against Woman" and, imo, very antagonistic. Starting with the Eclipse Bay novels they got better.

(If you are new to her, she writes contemporary using Jayne Ann Krentz (her name), Historical fiction using Amanda Quick, and alternate location/realities ? using Jayne Castle (her maiden name).

I enjoy them all.

AJ

PS I just re-read the original post. I misread it as having just found Jayne Ann Krentz, versus being her favorite author. Sorry for the preaching above.

Last edited by AJ Starr; 02-05-2012 at 12:41 PM.
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:15 PM   #4
morriss003
Evangelist
morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post
I'm a big Jayne Ann Krentz fan. In fact, I can hardly read any other author after her.

Be aware, her earlier books were "Man against Woman" and, imo, very antagonistic. Starting with the Eclipse Bay novels they got better.

PS I just re-read the original post. I misread it as having just found Jayne Ann Krentz, versus being her favorite author. Sorry for the preaching above.
She really did have the He-Man fantasy down in her earlier stuff, but even that was often very enjoyable, and as she matured, she began to write more realistically about the relationship between men and women. I chalk it up to growing older and wiser and also the gradual change in our society. While I like the Arcane series, I'm a little tired of it. I like the newest stuff, but I admit that I wouldn't mind seeing one that had nothing to do with the paranormal.
morriss003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:53 PM   #5
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I like her books well enough, but I don't know why she pretended that "Copper Beach" was a new series. It's all the same stuff in her Arcane Society, without actually referring to the Society.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
copper beach, crystals, jayne ann krentz, paranormal, romance