Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-21-2009, 11:12 AM   #1
river
river began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Categories?

Newbie Question...

I have my books currently stored by category, i.e. C:\Martial Arts\Bruce Lee - Tao of Jeet Kune Do.pdf

When I import these into Calibre, what's the best way of me keeping the category.. Can I add it as a tag/metadata or something similar?

Many Thanks.
river is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 01:25 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yes, categories in calibre are represented by tags
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2009, 01:54 PM   #3
river
river began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Thanks man, tried that now works perfectly.

Are the tags written to the actual epub file upon conversion from PDF, rather than stored in your calibre database?

Also is that true of all the meta information?

Many Thanks, river.
river is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 02:21 PM   #4
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
All meta-information is stored in calibre's database. If you use Save to Disk or Transfer to Device the metadata will be written to the resulting file if metadata writing is supported for that format.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote