Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-23-2013, 02:20 PM   #481
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Good luck, heatherlynn. I hope your next PW is good.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:51 PM   #482
heatherlynn
Connoisseur
heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
thank you very much yolina and sparklemotion, i need all the luck i can get maybe third time is the charm?

but i do have a question for anyone who has replaced multiple pw's and decided to keep an earlier replacement. say that i get this replacement and i absolutely hate it and would rather keep the one i have now. is amazon going to be okay with me returning the replacement that they just sent me instead of getting back the one that i just told them had color blobs all over it? are the return labels specifically meant for the device that i inquired about and not the replacement that i will actually receive?

i hope that makes sense.....
heatherlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2013, 02:57 PM   #483
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherlynn View Post
thank you very much yolina and sparklemotion, i need all the luck i can get maybe third time is the charm?

but i do have a question for anyone who has replaced multiple pw's and decided to keep an earlier replacement. say that i get this replacement and i absolutely hate it and would rather keep the one i have now. is amazon going to be okay with me returning the replacement that they just sent me instead of getting back the one that i just told them had color blobs all over it? are the return labels specifically meant for the device that i inquired about and not the replacement that i will actually receive?

i hope that makes sense.....
Yes, you can keep whichever one you want. Just be sure to tell them which one you're returning and they will either tell you it's ok to use the same label they sent previously, or they will send you a new mailing label via email. The last time I sent mine back, I kept an earlier one, and the rep who handled it did, in fact, want to use another label so it would match.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:59 PM   #484
heatherlynn
Connoisseur
heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
Yes, you can keep whichever one you want. Just be sure to tell them which one you're returning and they will either tell you it's ok to use the same label they sent previously, or they will send you a new mailing label via email. The last time I sent mine back, I kept an earlier one, and the rep who handled it did, in fact, want to use another label so it would match.
thank you very much! i hope i do not have to do that and settle for the lesser of evil device haha but i will find out on tuesday!
Old 02-23-2013, 03:35 PM   #485
JLeighs
Addict
JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, PW
Okay, I took a better picture. My camera just doesn't do well in low-light conditions, so this is a bit more clear. I can't seem to take a picture without casting a shadow though. *sigh*
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle-daylight 003-resized-cropped.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	434.7 KB
ID:	101805  
JLeighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2013, 03:46 PM   #486
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLeighs View Post
Okay, I took a better picture. My camera just doesn't do well in low-light conditions, so this is a bit more clear. I can't seem to take a picture without casting a shadow though. *sigh*
It looks really good to me.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:48 PM   #487
heatherlynn
Connoisseur

looks great to me as well. i only hope mine looks as good as yours does
Old 02-23-2013, 04:28 PM   #488
JLeighs
Addict
JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It looks really good to me.
Thanks! I'm still in awe that you got a perfect PW on your first try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherlynn View Post
looks great to me as well. i only hope mine looks as good as yours does
I think most of us who kept trying eventually got a good one.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:57 PM   #489
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
I got an almost perfect one on my first try, as well - some times (but not always) there's a dime-to-quarter-sized pink blush in the lower right corner, but I don't always see it.

I think mine's a 503 batch.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:34 PM   #490
JLeighs
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
I got an almost perfect one on my first try, as well - some times (but not always) there's a dime-to-quarter-sized pink blush in the lower right corner, but I don't always see it.

I think mine's a 503 batch.
Interesting that you don't always see it. After about a month of happily reading on mine, I started to notice obvious pink and green hues in a couple of spots. They have since vanished again and I don't see them at all. Blossom has a theory that it may have to do with the temperature.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:01 PM   #491
drewh
Connoisseur
drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

great stuff Heather - will cross fingers for you too! Where did it say new, on the 'Invoice' link under My Orders? My yellow tinted refurb said new BUT maybe that doesnt mean anything re condition.

The guy with me did the same re asking me to try stuff... after the first thing, I said politely that this was definitely a screen issue and if they didn't mind I wanted to replace it - but thanks for the help. Worked well as it was then replaced no more questions!
drewh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:17 PM   #492
heatherlynn
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewh View Post
great stuff Heather - will cross fingers for you too! Where did it say new, on the 'Invoice' link under My Orders? My yellow tinted refurb said new BUT maybe that doesnt mean anything re condition.

The guy with me did the same re asking me to try stuff... after the first thing, I said politely that this was definitely a screen issue and if they didn't mind I wanted to replace it - but thanks for the help. Worked well as it was then replaced no more questions!
yes i was looking on the invoice but if yours said that and you know it was a refurb, then maybe they are just trying to appease me lol. i would hope that's not true because that's not okay for them to do :/

but i am sure the guy i had was just doing his job but when i tell him it's a screen issue, he doesn't need to go through those stupid steps in my opinion because of course they aren't going to fix the color blobs and white specks. the first girl i got was amazing, no question asked she knew my unit was defective. definitely let us know what happens with your new replacement.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:38 PM   #493
drewh
Connoisseur
drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

definitely not ok for them to do that! :/

wonder whether its a new thing where they have to run through those steps or if they see more than x replacements they do? totally agree, not needed when we say its a screen issue.

i always find it funny how fast the "You're welcome! Can I help you with anything else?" pops up. Must have buttons that spit out set words to save time.

my replacement estimated doa 7th-19th (cross your fingers more like the 5th or sooner!!). Normally that estimated date is two or three days longer than when I've received them.

Last edited by drewh; 02-23-2013 at 09:38 PM. Reason: sp
drewh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:38 PM   #494
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLeighs View Post
It's perfect! I am very, VERY jealous!!
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:57 PM   #495
heatherlynn
Connoisseur

i am putting together my paperwhites for shipping back to amazon and i noticed the first rep said that the first paperwhite was "defective/did not work properly" but the second rep says that my second paperwhite is "defective/damaged". i told him i did not drop it or damage it in any way (i didn't even have it for a day before requesting another replacement) so i'm wondering if amazon is going to find me at fault and charge me for this paperwhite?

edit: nevermind, i spoke with the rep and it was just a mistake. whew

Last edited by heatherlynn; 02-25-2013 at 02:06 PM.