Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-22-2013, 11:07 PM   #466
drewh
Connoisseur
drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I can see tiny shadows at the bottom (not as high as on my original paperwhite, alot less and barely there) and only on the top pic, a bit of pinkish behind the "never quite address in himself prevented him" but wonder if my eyes playing tricks on me, can't see it in the second pic. Maybe take a shot on a 45 deg angle? Screen is nicely aligned
drewh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:18 PM   #467
JLeighs
Addict
JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherlynn View Post
i am curious to see what someone else sees in my pw, or if i am crazy like my brother told me i was i can definitely see the color pink at the top and it's a green muddy color towards the middle. my iphone is definitely making it look a little better than what i see in real life.
I guess I'm crazy then too because I see the same thing. I personally could not read on that. I had a few that were similar. I've now had 6 PW's in my hands. Only one was pretty good. However, I'm obviously sensitive to color, so what I might find unacceptable may be just fine for you. If your iphone is making it look better than it really is, then that is pretty bad from my perspective.
JLeighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2013, 11:36 PM   #468
heatherlynn
Connoisseur
heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

JLeighs, have you ever posted a picture of yours?

i'm not doing too well at the angles

Last edited by heatherlynn; 02-23-2013 at 12:50 AM.
heatherlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:55 PM   #469
JLeighs
Addict
JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No, but that's because every time I try to take a picture of it, it looks worse than it is lol. I don't have the greatest camera. I'll try again, though.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:48 AM   #470
JLeighs
Addict

Okay, here are a few pics. I took them with my camera phone so they're a bit dark and not that great, but it gives you an idea. The 3rd photo makes it look like the color hues are intense at the bottom of the screen. I don't see that when I'm looking at it. The screen looks much better and brighter (and more even) in person.

Advert
Old 02-23-2013, 12:51 AM   #471
heatherlynn
Connoisseur
heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

jealoussss, yours is great
Old 02-23-2013, 12:58 AM   #472
JLeighs
Addict

Thanks, I'm pretty happy with it. If you're not happy with yours, have them send you another one until they get it right.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:14 AM   #473
david8866
Zealot
david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
jealoussss, yours is great
Didn't they say the hue will fade or change after 7-10 days? You know how much whether it will bug you, no need to suffer. I gave my good one to an elderly, so we tried to get one from Best Buy. They opened two boxes, and color hue problem was obvious. Funny, the demo Kindle PW was great.
I am now using book light and can live with it. I am certain I will get another PW. I am hoping Amazon will get it right very soon.
david8866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:20 AM   #474
heatherlynn
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by david8866 View Post
Didn't they say the hue will fade or change after 7-10 days? You know how much whether it will bug you, no need to suffer. I gave my good one to an elderly, so we tried to get one from Best Buy. They opened two boxes, and color hue problem was obvious. Funny, the demo Kindle PW was great.
I am now using book light and can live with it. I am certain I will get another PW. I am hoping Amazon will get it right very soon.
did they say that? fading would be good but i hope it can't get any worse. if it can get worse, then i am definitely exchanging this one
Old 02-23-2013, 01:24 AM   #475
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
did they say that? fading would be good but i hope it can't get any worse. if it can get worse, then i am definitely exchanging this one
I would exchange it. You say it has a black dot? That sounds like a busted capsule and it can only get worse.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:38 AM   #476
heatherlynn
Connoisseur

yes it looks like another speck of dust to me but i have honestly no idea. on white backgrounds it is black and on black backgrounds it shows up as white but definitely nothing like the white specks i had on my first pw
Old 02-23-2013, 03:36 AM   #477
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Quote:
i am curious to see what someone else sees in my pw, or if i am crazy like my brother told me i was
You can tell your brother that I am crazy too I wouldn't be happy with that screen at all.
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:02 PM   #478
heatherlynn
Connoisseur

oh my goodness i am trying to get another replacement and this guy is running me through the gammit. he's telling me to restart my device, asking if it was dropped, etc. i told him about the colors and the black speck and either he doesn't know about them or doesn't believe me..... i might just have to go through another rep

wow now he is making me do a factory reset lol i have no idea why they don't educate their employees

and now he is finally replacing it :| i have a feeling this will be a refurb for sure but as long as it's good i don't care anymore

Last edited by heatherlynn; 02-23-2013 at 01:12 PM.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:13 PM   #479
heatherlynn
Connoisseur

i just checked the condition of my most recent replacement that will be here on tuesday. it states that it is new so i don't think i'll be getting a refurb. depending on the condition of this one, i think this is the last time. i am going to compare this new replacement with the one i have now and call it quits
Old 02-23-2013, 02:17 PM   #480
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Fingers crossed for you
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote