Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-25-2013, 03:37 PM   #496
Rosie-Posie
Rosie-Posie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rosie-Posie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rosie-Posie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rosie-Posie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rosie-Posie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rosie-Posie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rosie-Posie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rosie-Posie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rosie-Posie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rosie-Posie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rosie-Posie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I finally got my kindle today (international shipping plus extra charges takes time) and I think my screen looks pretty good. There's some shadowing noticable on the bottom between the LEDs but I don't mind it, and it's much more obvious on the camera than in real life.
Here are a few pics. If it means anything, it's batch 604.
In lighted room:

in complete darkness:
Rosie-Posie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:15 PM   #497
drewh
Connoisseur
drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Heather - mine said the same on the prepaid label 'defective/does not work properly'. Guess what? replacement has shipped and its a ...... batch 502!!!! even older than the last replacement. I knew that guy was being honest re a brand new one

Oh well, lets cross fingers and see. My thinking that a newer batch (603, 604) should have problems ironed out and manufacturing processes improved ever so slightly, like how my 604 with the gap at the top had less noticeable shadows at the bottom.

Anyway, lets see - cross your fingers!! (not getting my hopes).
drewh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:31 PM   #498
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewh View Post
Heather - mine said the same on the prepaid label 'defective/does not work properly'. Guess what? replacement has shipped and its a ...... batch 502!!!! even older than the last replacement. I knew that guy was being honest re a brand new one

Oh well, lets cross fingers and see. My thinking that a newer batch (603, 604) should have problems ironed out and manufacturing processes improved ever so slightly, like how my 604 with the gap at the top had less noticeable shadows at the bottom.

Anyway, lets see - cross your fingers!! (not getting my hopes).
I had both a 502 and a 602 and the 502 was better all around, a lot better actually. I think it's just luck of the draw really. So good luck!
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:44 PM   #499
drewh
Connoisseur
drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

great to hear sparklemotion! will cross my fingers its good. I think stupidly, in my mind I think a 502 is 'old' and want a brand spanking new 604 or whatever the latest batch is. Lets hope its all good and no more returning etc.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:59 PM   #500
heatherlynn
Connoisseur
heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

i am just so over all of this lol. i just want a good paperwhite and i want to get down to reading. as nice and as lovely as you guys are, i don't want to have to come back to this thread after tomorrow
heatherlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:09 PM   #501
drewh
Connoisseur

haha... yeh its nice coming here but it'd be great is none of us had if our PPWs were perfect!

is your replacement coming tomorrow? did u check what batch? (cant remember if you said or not)
Old 02-25-2013, 07:18 PM   #502
JLeighs
Addict
JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
I had both a 502 and a 602 and the 502 was better all around, a lot better actually. I think it's just luck of the draw really. So good luck!
Mine is a 502 as well. It was the best of the bunch.
JLeighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:19 PM   #503
JLeighs
Addict
JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
It's perfect! I am very, VERY jealous!!
Thank you! Were you going to end up trying for another one since the hues developed over time, or are you just waiting for the PW2 to be released?
JLeighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:23 PM   #504
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLeighs View Post
Mine is a 502 as well. It was the best of the bunch.
The 502's are where it's at.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:23 PM   #505
heatherlynn
Connoisseur
heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewh View Post
haha... yeh its nice coming here but it'd be great is none of us had if our PPWs were perfect!

is your replacement coming tomorrow? did u check what batch? (cant remember if you said or not)
yep it is coming tomorrow and it's another 604 so i guess it's another new device but i haven't had any luck with those yet....
Old 02-25-2013, 07:38 PM   #506
drewh
Connoisseur

maybe you charmed the customer service reps into sending you new ones?? :P

fingers crossed it'll be perfect. The 604 I had was perfect except for the gap at top of screen... thinking maybe I should have just kept it but I couldn't not see the gap and line when reading, no matter how hard I tried.

BUT, 502 seems where its at
Old 02-25-2013, 07:52 PM   #507
heatherlynn
Connoisseur

haha i don't know how! i don't think i can keep this up though, if i have to ask for another replacement i'm sure it won't be new. they'll see that i'm on my 4th pw and be fed up with me! but i would definitely be bothered by the gap as well and would have sent that one back too.

i hope yours is good as well and we can both stop frequenting this thread
Old 02-25-2013, 08:01 PM   #508
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherlynn View Post
haha i don't know how! i don't think i can keep this up though, if i have to ask for another replacement i'm sure it won't be new. they'll see that i'm on my 4th pw and be fed up with me!
Amazon: "We're sorry Ms. Heather Lynn, but you now have tried 4 Paperwhites. We are fed up with you, and you won't get a new e-reader any longer."
- HL: "Fine! Then I'll go to Kobo Books!"

Kobo Books order: *FAILED*
Reason: Suggestion by Amazon: Blacklist customer.

PocketBook order: *FAILED*

Bokeen order: *FAILED*

- HL: "Man, they MEANT it when they said I wouldn't get a new e-reader any longer.... "

Just pulling your leg of course, like so:

I hope you get a good one

With regard to my own reader: It actually looks a bit greenish now (fringing around the letters), when I use it in complete darkness at settings over 15... (Sometimes I need more light as would be deemed normal, because of some particular eyesight problems.) Luckily, I'm not in that situation very often... and I hate reading a tablet (or a reader, for that matter) in complete darkness, and only do so when not wanting to disturb others.

Last edited by Katsunami; 02-25-2013 at 08:42 PM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:05 PM   #509
heatherlynn
Connoisseur

LOL that is funny! they are putting me on the blacklist as we speak
Old 02-25-2013, 08:39 PM   #510
drewh
Connoisseur

haha funny... actually how many replacements have u had heather not including the original one?