Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-09-2011, 10:25 AM   #1
PookaLady
Enthusiast
PookaLady began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo , Kindle 3,Kindle Fire
Question Need my space back.

Amazon finally lets you delete an app.I did this yesterday.
It did not free my space up on the Fire.I deleted the Let's Golf game app.It was a space hog plus other issues.How do I manage to get my almost 1gb of space available on my Fire.Please help and I need step by step.I am a newbie to Android and tablets.Thanks in advance.
PookaLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:35 AM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
If you can't find the help you need here, try calling Kindle CS.......

go here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200127470

click on the "contact Us' button, sign into your account, and choose the "phone me" option.

Enter your phone number, and someone will call you back almost immediately.

It would be nice to post your results here, in case anyone else has the same problem.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:44 PM   #3
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by PookaLady View Post
Amazon finally lets you delete an app.I did this yesterday.
It did not free my space up on the Fire.I deleted the Let's Golf game app.It was a space hog plus other issues.How do I manage to get my almost 1gb of space available on my Fire.Please help and I need step by step.I am a newbie to Android and tablets.Thanks in advance.
Try downloading Gemini App Manager, then open it and click the menu button at the bottom. It has a Clear Cache option that might give you your space back. Good luck!
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:04 PM   #4
PookaLady
Enthusiast

Customer Service told me to try a hard reset.I have not done it yet.I have to leave and go to doctor.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:11 PM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by PookaLady View Post
Customer Service told me to try a hard reset.I have not done it yet.I have to leave and go to doctor.
What's going on is there are some files left over the app does not get rid of when uninstalled. Alot of apps are bad about this.

Use ES File Explorer to delete them manually. Look for a folder with that name or similar then delete it.

This is from a reviewer.

Quote:
use this app, androexplorer, and go to the sd card content. go into gameloft and hold it in to get delete option! worked like a charm! you're welcome!
You can use ES File Explorer and do the same thing. Looks like the folder to delete is called Gameloft.

Last edited by Blossom; 12-09-2011 at 02:13 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:05 PM   #6
ssahnan
Enthusiast
ssahnan is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle3g, kindle touch, kindle fire, kindle ipad 1 and 2, kindle iphon
yeah, i am new to android but from what i noticed, some apps will install in a centralized location, some out of it, some in both spots. some of the games like asphalt6 does this. if you delete the app thru whatever method, you end up missing the bulk of the app files it installed to the device. I havent seen a app that can do this all for you, you've got to get a file explorer app and as someone said, hunt down these folders and manually delete. Very, very, extremely dissapointed about this feature of android as I like things to stay tidy.

i'm using es explorer for this, the default folder screen it boots in to will typically show these extra folders these apps install. given our size constraints on the fire with 8gb, this will become a headache over time unless your vigilante in your maintenance whn removing apps.
ssahnan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:28 PM   #7
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssahnan View Post
yeah, i am new to android but from what i noticed, some apps will install in a centralized location, some out of it, some in both spots. some of the games like asphalt6 does this. if you delete the app thru whatever method, you end up missing the bulk of the app files it installed to the device. I havent seen a app that can do this all for you, you've got to get a file explorer app and as someone said, hunt down these folders and manually delete. Very, very, extremely dissapointed about this feature of android as I like things to stay tidy.

i'm using es explorer for this, the default folder screen it boots in to will typically show these extra folders these apps install. given our size constraints on the fire with 8gb, this will become a headache over time unless your vigilante in your maintenance whn removing apps.
It's actually pretty simple. Apps are installed in the data partition and their data is stored there too. This is automatically removed by android when you uninstall the app. additionally the app can store data in the SD card, usually when it is large amounts like a game. As the SD card is FAT, android has no means to determine ownership so can't delete the data and has to be manually deleted.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 10:09 AM   #8
PookaLady
Enthusiast

I did use ES Explorer and it worked great.I also went to the 'my apps' area and hit refresh.It then showed on the Fire the unwanted apps were gone.Thanks everyone.

Last edited by PookaLady; 12-16-2011 at 09:38 AM. Reason: hit wrong key