Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-07-2011, 09:10 PM   #1
octoberdana
Enthusiast
octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Nook Touch, Kindle Touch
Kobo touch covers coming to Borders in late July

Stopped in my local Borders to ask about sleeves and covers for the kobo touch. Store manager informed me that they are expected in late July. She said this device is selling very well especially now that they are more widely available.

Last edited by octoberdana; 07-07-2011 at 10:58 PM.
octoberdana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:36 PM   #2
lmarie
Dilettante
lmarie doesn't litterlmarie doesn't litter

Device: EB1150, Cybook Gen3, Kobo Touch
You meant Kobo Touch, right?
lmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:58 PM   #3
octoberdana
Enthusiast
octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.octoberdana writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Nook Touch, Kindle Touch
Yes I edited my post. Thank you!
octoberdana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:44 PM   #4
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Touch Covers at Futureshop

Hey all found 3 new covers at Futureshop by KOBO for KOBO TOUCH.

They are 1 black leather book cover with built in light (looks like double A or triple A bats)

1 Black silocon cover
1 White silocon cover

See the atttached pics

Leather cover was 49.99, Silocon covers were 19.99

regards

jack
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Front leather.JPG
Views:	396
Size:	451.5 KB
ID:	74014   Click image for larger version

Name:	back leather.JPG
Views:	351
Size:	438.1 KB
ID:	74015   Click image for larger version

Name:	frontsilo.JPG
Views:	409
Size:	439.1 KB
ID:	74016   Click image for larger version

Name:	backsilo.JPG
Views:	374
Size:	285.6 KB
ID:	74017  

Last edited by jackastor; 07-08-2011 at 01:46 PM.
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:52 PM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I believe the leather one is this --> http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/...aff8508757en02
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 04:03 PM   #6
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I believe you are correct.
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/produ...1764492c4den02

based on the image and what I could see it looks to be it.

regards

Last edited by jackastor; 07-08-2011 at 04:09 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:46 PM   #7
DizzC
Enthusiast
DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
I believe you are correct.
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/produ...1764492c4den02

based on the image and what I could see it looks to be it.

regards
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I believe the leather one is this --> http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/...aff8508757en02
Looks nice. Hopefully someone here can buy it and give a quick review. Would like to know how easy it is to access the power button, how tightly it holds the reader and most of all the quality of the built in light.
DizzC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 05:33 PM   #8
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
Hey all found 3 new covers at Futureshop by KOBO for KOBO TOUCH.

They are 1 black leather book cover with built in light (looks like double A or triple A bats)

1 Black silocon cover
1 White silocon cover

See the atttached pics

Leather cover was 49.99, Silocon covers were 19.99

regards

jack
The upper-right strap will likely be problematic as the power button is located there. Hopefully manufacturers will figure out how to deal with fitting a case/cover on the KT without covering or blocking the power button.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:40 PM   #9
jackastor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzC View Post
Looks nice. Hopefully someone here can buy it and give a quick review. Would like to know how easy it is to access the power button, how tightly it holds the reader and most of all the quality of the built in light.
From the view I had of it in the store, the leather cover has the same issue as the other book covers. Two elastics at the top that intersect over the the power switch. Actually thats just a visual inspection not a take it and give it a trial run. The built in light though is great thing.

regards

jack
Old 07-09-2011, 03:15 PM   #10
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
The review on the site for the one with the light was dated in April. I don't think this is for the Touch edition.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 04:19 PM   #11
jackastor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
The review on the site for the one with the light was dated in April. I don't think this is for the Touch edition.
Definatly the pictures I have are for the touch.

I was there when I took them.

and the link i have listed for future shop is the correct link to the touch cover

The link for bestbuy as provided by PeterT is definatly touch.

As to the review thats just future shop and best buy being idiots and lazy

regards

jack

Last edited by jackastor; 07-09-2011 at 04:22 PM.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:40 PM   #12
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
For the time being (that time being when a cover+light becomes available in the states) I have simply added some velcro to the inside cover of my Sony 650 lighted case, and the back of my new Kobo Touch. Since the KT is slightly shorter than the 650, it fits perfectly, and the 650 still fits in the case with no problem.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:41 AM   #13
charleski
Wizard
charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
When buying a case for an eInk reader you really want one with a rigid front cover that won't deform and press on the screen. Otherwise it's quite easy to crack the glass in the screen while carrying it around with other things in your bag.
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote