Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-02-2010, 09:40 AM   #46
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
They're not sure yet, sorry.
Nate do you know other details regarding it? I thought I heard that it used user replaceable batteries? If so, can it use rechargeable batteries and how long can one expect to get from a set?

Thanks,
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:52 PM   #47
MR. Pockets
Addict
MR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch, Aluratek Libre Pro
New blog about the Mini. http://goodereader.com/blog/electron...r-from-ectaco/

The blog author apparently doesn't know the difference between the Lite and the Mini...
MR. Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2010, 02:07 PM   #48
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
I found this info about jetbook mini from Moscow Book Fair:
http://www.the-ebook.org/?p=4426&cpage=1#comment-11326

Google translated it to English

She declared them 4,990 rubles.

4,990.00 RUB = 162.497 USD
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 02:08 PM   #49
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
Just my 2 cents but I'm not sure I'd want my touch screen to be on the reading screen. With my Nook it is below & that is where the mess remains. Does anyone have a touch screen on their reading pane? How do you like it? Does it get messy? I know you can wipe it as I do my Nook, but won't it eventually start marring the screen?
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 03:47 PM   #50
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_mchale View Post
Nate do you know other details regarding it? I thought I heard that it used user replaceable batteries? If so, can it use rechargeable batteries and how long can one expect to get from a set?

Thanks,
Bill
I'll know as soon as my unit arrives.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2010, 05:47 PM   #51
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Quote:
I'll know as soon as my unit arrives.
Are you getting an advanced unit?

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 07:02 PM   #52
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post

She declared them 4,990 rubles.

4,990.00 RUB = 162.497 USD
They need to come in under 100 stateside. If they do, I'll snatch one up.
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:05 PM   #53
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by soondai View Post
They need to come in under 100 stateside. If they do, I'll snatch one up.
I will buy it for this price too
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:23 PM   #54
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_mchale View Post
Are you getting an advanced unit?

--
Bill
Yes, but it might not be functional.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:54 PM   #55
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
I will buy it for this price too
I'll buy one at under $100, but not at $162.
Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:55 PM   #56
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
Quote:
I was told October.
Thank you.
Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:58 PM   #57
MR. Pockets
Addict
MR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch, Aluratek Libre Pro
For the current low-end device prices, I'd say that $80 or $75 would be a much more "mini" price. But I would still be very tempted to buy one for $100 nonetheless.
MR. Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:55 AM   #58
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
Yea, the price seems a bit high, $129 is a sort-of normal price now but if its under 3 digits (>$100) than i'll expect on in my hands right away lol
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 01:23 PM   #59
TheRealBillc
evangelist
TheRealBillc began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-700 deceased now 950
It's not like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomtroll View Post
Just my 2 cents but I'm not sure I'd want my touch screen to be on the reading screen. With my Nook it is below & that is where the mess remains. Does anyone have a touch screen on their reading pane? How do you like it? Does it get messy? I know you can wipe it as I do my Nook, but won't it eventually start marring the screen?
I like it perfectly fine. Especially since I can turn the page from anywhere on the screen, I don't have to move my thumb or finger to a button or a specific area. The Sony touch screens have a type of matte finish that does not show smudges. It's not like the Nook LCD screen or the iPhone screen which have more of a shiny finish (and more reflectivity). The Sony screen does not get messy. I've been using mine for a year and a half without any visible wear on the screen. If I were to replace it I would get another touch screen reader and would be willing to pay a small premium for touch.
TheRealBillc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:03 PM   #60
Flyingredgoat
Flyingredgoat is on a distinguished road

Device: Jetbook mini / Handspring Visor
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuBiB View Post
Yea, the price seems a bit high, $129 is a sort-of normal price now but if its under 3 digits (>$100) than i'll expect on in my hands right away lol
Well, it's finally arrived, and the price is $100.00.

http://www.ectaco.com/jetbook-mini-black/

FRG
Flyingredgoat is offline   Reply With Quote