Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-29-2014, 09:28 PM   #106
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
The Adobe RMSDK library is what is used to produce the AdobeViewer app on the device. Most epub readers come with some kind of app based on the same library, that can be used to read epubs encrypted with ADE, and pdf files encrypted with Adobe's scheme.

I'm trying to remember if PocketBook stopped allowing older firmware versions to be installed. I'm pretty sure Sony stopped allowing that. I have both kinds of devices, and may be mixing it up in my mind. It would be good if someone who successfully installed a version 4 firmware over a version 5 firmware reported here to let us know.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 04:15 AM   #107
babadockia
Zealot
babadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: kobo aura hd, trekstor pyrus maxi with texet 138 firmware
somebody has successfully installed cool reader on this?
babadockia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2014, 06:20 AM   #108
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
I'm trying to remember if PocketBook stopped allowing older firmware versions to be installed. I'm pretty sure Sony stopped allowing that. I have both kinds of devices, and may be mixing it up in my mind. It would be good if someone who successfully installed a version 4 firmware over a version 5 firmware reported here to let us know.
PB allows installing firmware in arbitrary order but I'm afraid there is no downloadable 4x firmware for PB 840 (there is only flashed during production). Once you update it to 5x there is no way back.
pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 02:45 AM   #109
ebookexpertcz
ebookexpertcz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ebookexpertcz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ebookexpertcz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ebookexpertcz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: too many :-)
video preview

8:30 min. video preview of Inkpad - http://ebookexpert.cz/pocketbook-ink...eopredstaveni/
ebookexpertcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 11:33 AM   #110
oguzonat
Enthusiast
oguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshesoguzonat can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Paperwhite 2, dxg
Is there an extensive review of pocketbook inkpad in English?
oguzonat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2014, 10:26 PM   #111
babadockia
Zealot
babadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshes

I've got my inkpad and, after one night working and fiddle with it ib my breaks, I can tell you this: the browser is almost unusable, the adobereader and fbreader are really crappy apps for what they supposed to do. I like the screen, but that is only subjective. The FW is 4.4 which gives me hope that I can install coolreader. If you have any question, please ask
Old 11-05-2014, 10:47 PM   #112
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by oguzonat View Post
Is there an extensive review of pocketbook inkpad in English?
Not yet.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 12:57 AM   #113
pierro78
eInk-androidonaut newbie
pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx i86+, Lenovo tab s8-50, Galaxy Mega, Transformer T100
Quote:
Originally Posted by babadockia View Post
the browser is almost unusable
(...)
The FW is 4.4 which gives me hope that I can install coolreader
I ve read that the browser is better with FW v5.4 (you can click on links)

Coolreader can not be installed with FW v5.4 ?
pierro78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 01:07 AM   #114
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierro78 View Post
Coolreader can not be installed with FW v5.4 ?
I do not think it can be installed.
To be sure, you would have to try.
But, once you upgrade to the 5.xy firmware, there is no way back, because there is no 4.xy firmware available for download. Or, there wasn't last time I bothered to look.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 01:41 AM   #115
babadockia
Zealot

Well, I have too many gadgets with browsers, all I want is to have an almost perfect device just for readings. And if I will install coolreader, no more updates for me. You know: if it works, why break it?
Old 11-06-2014, 05:57 AM   #116
babadockia
Zealot

after few hours, i couldn't install coolreader on it. me so sad. too bad. a very nice reader, but the FW is absolutely shyte. sorry for the harsh word, but this is the truth. and in fbreader, it was impossible for me to change the font. I've been thinking: what if I install one of the old FW, on which you could install coolreader, one that is compatible with touchscreens? to be honest, I am only interested in setting the upper, the down and the size margins to my liking. it has a beautiful screen, guys, trust me on this

Last edited by babadockia; 11-06-2014 at 06:25 AM.
Old 11-06-2014, 06:22 AM   #117
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Which CR did you try to install? What kind of difficulty did you have?
Old 11-06-2014, 06:48 AM   #118
babadockia
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbo View Post
Which CR did you try to install? What kind of difficulty did you have?
first of all, I really don't know which one is it, because i downloaded 2 versions. second, long press and when asked to open with, it only shows adobe and fb reader. if you could point in the right directions, i owe a beer. or two. or more
Old 11-06-2014, 06:59 AM   #119
pkbo
Addict

Quote:
first of all, I really don't know which one is it, because i downloaded 2 versions.
Ok. where from did you download it?
Quote:
second, long press and when asked to open with, it only shows adobe and fb reader. if you could point in the right directions, i owe a beer. or two. or more
It means, extensions.cfg file is not correct or missing or in the wrong place. I can't say what is exactly wrong because I don't know what exactly did you do, which installation instruction did you follow?
Old 11-06-2014, 07:36 AM   #120
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Someone in a German forum (allesebook.de) said they managed to install coolreader to the Inkpad (but not how). So I guess it should work (for 4.x Firmware?) if done correctly...

http://allesebook.de/forum/showthrea...ll=1#post42628
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote