Notices

Old 01-01-2013, 04:13 AM   #1
abeonis
eBook DIYer
abeonis began at the beginning.

Device: K4, KF HD 8.9, Readium
Language declaration tn the head section

Hi,

I am writting my eBooks in different languages. In Sigil preferences, I have set up the user interface language and the default language for metadata to spanish (for example).

if I add a blank HTML file I was expecting the head declaration to be:
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="es">

Instead, I get:
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

So... I am not sure if the language declaration is necessary or has an impact or not on the final EPUB package. If it has, I know I can use a RegEx replace but it will be more productive that Sigil creates directly the code extracting the language data from the metadata.

Just a suggestion.
Thanks.
abeonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:53 AM   #2
Sunlite
Addict
Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KObo Clara, Kobo Aura, PRS-T1, PB602, CyBook Gen3
The language of an epub book is defined in its opf file.

There you will find something like this:

Code:
<dc:language>en</dc:language>
As far as I know at least some reading system use this information to choose the dictionary they use if you look up a word.
Sunlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2013, 06:09 AM   #3
abeonis
eBook DIYer
abeonis began at the beginning.

Device: K4, KF HD 8.9, Readium
OK. I just modified the language in the Metadata editor and Sigil instantly adds it to the OPF.

Thx Sunlite.
abeonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:18 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Opening the meta editor and just closing it again seems to set (a blank) Language to the system setting. No need to type if that is what you want
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
head, language, metadata, sigil